This course is designed to provide each student a basic understanding of tourism including tourism organizations, related business and service industry, traveler behavior, tourism planning, tourism research, and marketing. Moreover, this course will also help students to explore the functions of management within the world of tourism, show how tourism as a business has evolved, how the tourism and travel industry is structured, and how tourism businesses operate within their political, economic and socio-cultural environments.
- To learn about tourism developments and impacts in the world.
- Understand what tourism is and its many definitions.
- Learn the components of tourism and tourism management.
- Examine the various approaches to studying tourism.
- Appreciate how important this industry is to the economy of the world and of many countries.
- Know the benefits and costs of tourism.
Students will develop their knowledge and skills in the tourism business. They will have necessary skills in managing tourism. They will have a strong background in the management of tourism business.
Career Opportunities and Job Titles
- Food and Beverage Manager,
- Tourism Marketing Manager,
- Tourism Marketing Consultant,
- International Tourism Manager,
- International Tourism Consultant,
- Lodging Managers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018