MSc Systems and Cyber Security is perfect for those wishing to develop careers as system and cybersecurity professionals. It provides in-depth technical knowledge on all aspects of cybersecurity; from data-protection and encryption to cyber threats and computer forensics.
Its focus on emerging and future technologies mean that you'll be well-placed to succeed in a rapidly changing key IT industry. Demand for cybersecurity professionals is set to outstrip supply by one third by 2019, so employment prospects on completing this course are excellent.
All taught modules to contain considerable input from industry experts from companies such as VISA, HP, ENISA, and IBM who will contribute through guest lectures and case studies. You'll have the opportunity to use our cybersecurity lab in order to develop and apply in-depth knowledge of security vulnerabilities, ethical hacking, and penetration testing strategies.
The course is suitable for graduates from either computer science or information technology or similar.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 year||January; September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||2 years||September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time (BLOCK)||September||Southwark Campus|
- Research methods and professional issues
- Future internet technologies
- Machine learning
- Data protection and confidentiality
- Systems and cyber threats: vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Security risk assessment
- Computer forensics
- MSc thesis
All modules are assessed by coursework.
Graduates from this course could go on to work as experts on ethical hacking and penetration testing or as cybersecurity professionals.
LSBU Employability Service
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market, you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student, you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come into the network with students.
- Job Shop – daily drop-in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job search. One to one appointments for further support also available.
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes.
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
- It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities.
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics.
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university.
- 2:2 or better in a relevant first degree; or
- A minimum three years' post-qualification experience in a relevant field.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 10, 2018