What is special about this course?
As the renewable energy sector continues to grow there is a need for trained individuals to plan, implement and manage new renewable energy projects. This course will provide you with the theoretical and practical tools to place you at the centre of such ventures.
If you are already working in or are interested in a career in the renewable energy or low-carbon technology sectors, this dynamic course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to critically analyse the theories, principles and concepts of low-carbon energy production and sustainability.
Additionally, the course will give you a firm understanding of the technical and economic case for renewables along with the confidence to tackle the calculations required to assess their viability.
- You will be taught by recognised experts in the field of renewable energy
- You can study full time or part-time
- The course is delivered through online distance learning with support from the expert staff at the university, so you study when and where it suits you, within the UK and internationally
- You can choose to study individual modules for personal or professional development or work towards the PgCert, PgDip or full Masters degree
- Honours degree or above in a relevant subject
- Applicants with an ordinary degree or other qualification and at least three years’ relevant work experience will also be considered
- Applicants who possess substantial experience in an appropriate field or have demonstrated exceptional abilities may also be considered
*Funding support notice*
- A limited number of funded places are available for full-time, Scottish or EU fee status students.
- Postgraduate Loans (SAAS) (Scottish domiciled and EU students)
- Loans for tuition fees are available from SAAS for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students.
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Sustainable Development
- BSc (Hons) Archaeology and Environmental Studies
- BEng (Hons) Energy Engineering
About the School
The University of the Highlands and Islands is an integrated university encompassing both further and higher education.