- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture.
- The candidate is required to produce a portfolio.
Mission and Goals
This program aims at providing a multidisciplinary background for architects, with a special focus on environmental sustainability and landscape design. The concept of sustainability is associated with a high-quality transformation of the landscape, from the macro-scale of urban planning to the micro-scale of technical details, how the varied scales connect and interrelate with each other. This method is oriented to a physical, social and technical approach, passing over a close specialized theme vision. The international program involves also workshops, study trips and summer schools.
Theories of architecture, city and landscape, History of Architecture and Landscape in the Contemporary Age, Structures and Technical Environmental System, Architectural Design Studio 1 (Sustainable architecture, Multi-criteria Analysis and Project Appraisal), Sociology of the Environment, Urban and environmental design studio (Design of Public Spaces and Infrastructures, Agronomy and Food Sciences), Urban and landscape Regeneration Studio (Environmental Technology, Landscape as Heritage, General Ecology), Landscape Representation and BIM Applications, Landscape Design Studio (Advanced Landscape Design, Physical Geography and Geo-Morphology), Architectural Design Studio 2 (Advanced Architectural Design, Landscape Aesthetics).
- Topography and Cartography, Innovation for Design Management, Creativity and Architecture in the Movies, Italian Territories and Landscape Tradition, Architectural Strategies in Risk Situations.
- Final Workshop: Landscape, Architecture Design, Urban Design, Environmental Design.
The program trains architects with expertise in sustainable architecture and landscape design, to follow a career in the private and public sector as covered by EU directives in architecture, urban planning, urban design, and landscape architecture.
The application for a Laurea Magistrale Program (equivalent to an MSc degree) requires only a few steps. You can apply for two Master of Science programs at the same time (1st and 2nd choice); if you are admitted to both of them you will be asked to accept the study program you prefer. Applicants of Architecture and Design will have their second choice evaluated only if not admitted to their first choice. Therefore, please select your program of preference as your first choice.
In order to start the evaluation process, you must upload all the documents required and make sure that your original academic transcripts are received by the International Admission Office within the deadline. Incomplete applications (i.e. missing/not valid documents, no matter if online/sent by post) will be automatically rejected. The International Admissions Office will consider your application only if your transcripts are received by the deadline and if your online application is complete.
Please note that Politecnico di Milano does not require any application fee neither to our Laurea Magistrale programs nor to any kind of scholarship. All applications’ procedures have no fees. Only once you are admitted, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable "Administrative Fee" of about 200.00 €, a mandatory regional and administrative tax which you have to pay in advance to confirm your admittance (scholarship recipients included). It will be deducted from the 2nd installment of your tuition fees.
It is very important that each applicant personally accesses the Online Service with her/his student identification number (person code) and password to check the status of his/her application and the communications sent by the International Admissions Office.
Moreover, admitted students must personally contact the Italian Diplomatic Representative to provide them with the necessary documents and information. Not doing so could cause the rejection of your Visa.
Once admitted, in order to confirm your acceptance, you will be asked to pay an administrative fee of 172,20 €, either by credit card or by bank transfer. The administrative fee will be deducted from the second installment and will not be refunded in case of withdrawal.
Tuition fees for each academic year are divided into two installments. The first installment must be paid upon enrolment, the second within the deadlines. The due amount must be entirely paid and cannot be divided in further installments.
Tuition Fees for EEA Students
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for a year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
- The second installment is variable. It is calculated on the basis of family income: students will be placed in different income brackets according to the ISEE declaration.
- The second installment is also based on the number of credits (C.F.U./ECTS) included in the Study plan.
- Students admitted on the 1st semester usually have a standard yearly study plan between 46 and 73 C.F.U., which corresponds to 100% of the tuition fees due.
- Students admitted on the 2nd semester usually have a standard yearly study plan of about 30 C.F.U., which corresponds to 50% of the tuition due.
Tuition Fees For Non-EEA Students
- Tuition fees for Non-EEA students correspond automatically to the full contribution of 3898,20€.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
- The second installment corresponds to 3003€. The sum may be adjusted according to the number of credits (C.F.U./ECTS) included in the Study plan.
- Students admitted on the 1st semester usually have a standard yearly study plan between 46 and 74 C.F.U., which corresponds to 100% of the tuition fees due (3003 €).
- Students admitted on the 2nd semester usually have a standard yearly study plan of about 30 to 32 C.F.U., which corresponds to 50% of the tuition due (1501,50 €).
About the School
Politecnico di Milano is a technical university located in the heart of the most productive region in Italy. The university is a point of reference in Italy and internationally as far as the Architect ... Read More