The MSc in Sustainable Agriculture and Business approaches agriculture from an interdisciplinary perspective that focuses on:
- Increasing agricultural production whilst minimizing the impact on the environment,
- Developing and managing agricultural enterprises of various sizes,
- Agricultural products marketing and trading.
The Programme aims at:
- University and technological education institute graduates who wish to acquire expertise in sustainable agriculture and agribusiness,
- Professionals who wish to establish start-up agricultural companies that bring new ideas to both farming and the market,
- Professionals who work in the private/public agricultural/agribusiness sectors and wish to redirect their careers or enhance their existing capabilities.
The Core Courses
The core courses ensure that you acquire knowledge of practical concepts and attain skills directly relevant to your career aspirations.
First Term - Core Courses
- The Biological Environment
- Soil Processes
- Integrated Disease Management
- Integrated Management of Arthropods
- Agri-product Trade and Markets
- Second Term - Core Courses
- Use of Modern Technologies in Different Crops
- Management of Soil Resources
- Agricultural Finance
- Applied Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
Third Term - Elective Courses
(Students choose one course)
- Agricultural Policy
- Greenhouse Management
- Climate Change
- Water Management
- Plant Breeding
- Analytical Tools for Business Forecasting
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- E-commerce and Digital Marketing
- Agribusiness Brand Management and Export Marketing
Students participate in a group consulting project. They study a real project of a particular agricultural company or organization and following problem-solving strategies, they prepare and present concrete and practical solutions. The project supplants 1 elective course.
The dissertation is an individual project of original scientific work. The subject is chosen from a list of topics suggested by a faculty member, who acts as a supervisor. Alternatively, students may choose a research-based dissertation of 12 months duration. In this case, a reduction in tuition fees may be awarded.
Schedule - Duration of the Programme
In the case of a standard dissertation, the duration is 1.5 years full-time or 2.5 years part-time. If the dissertation is research-based, the programme lasts 2 years full-time. Teaching takes place twice a month, only during weekends, except for August and September.
The students will have the chance to participate in seminars on food quality standards and public health organized by the Hellenic Food Authority (E.F.E.T.). A certificate of attendance will be provided to participants.
To be considered for an MSc programme, candidates are required to have:
- a good university degree (original transcripts)*,
- proof of English competence [a recognised certificate of proficiency, recently acquired IELTS (6.5 and above), or TOEFL (IBT, 90 and above) or TOEIC (850 and above) score],
- two academic references,
- a personal interview may be required.
This school offers programs in: