By studying the MSc in Strategy and Digital Business programme (120 ECTS), you will gain the strategic, digital and entrepreneurial skills for the job markets of today and tomorrow. Based on a strong cooperation between practice partners and our world-class faculty, you will acquire competencies in core areas like strategy, complex problem solving and decision making.
Also, you will focus on two fields, which we believe are crucial for being competitive in the future: Digital literacy and the ability to code as well an in depths understanding of the Chinese market.
Studying in the European entrepreneurial powerhouses Berlin and Paris, you will gain comprehensive theoretical and practical insights, which will equip you for a career in the world of strategy, consulting and digital business creation.
The programme starts in September 2019.
Why study this Master?
Get ready for the job market in a digital world
The requirements of the job market are changing quickly. Companies are becoming more digital and increasingly work in an agile way. This is not only true for start-ups. Today, some of the largest companies in the world like Facebook, Google or Tencent are digital companies. This requires a new set of skills from graduates, which you will learn in this master programme. You will learn how to code, how to manage agile projects, how digital marketing is done and how you can use design thinking to come up with new products or services. The goal of the program is not to make you a full-scale programmer or digital marketer. However, as a business graduate, you will be able to communicate and understand the specialists in the company and can directly work with them on projects.
Expand your critical thinking skills
Complex problem-solving skills and critical strategic thinking are crucial skills to be able to make sense of the increasingly complex and dynamic world, we work in. As part of the Master in Strategy and Digital Business programme, you will learn how to structure and solve complex problems and get a broad overview of major technological trends such as Blockchain or Virtual Reality. Also, you will discuss which effects these technologies will have on specific industries and how to best react to them from a strategic point of view.
Understand the Chinese market
China has developed into a technological powerhouse. Many highly innovative companies have originated there. At the same time, it is one of the most quickly growing markets in the world. Getting an understanding of the culture and market dynamics in China is thus very important. This is why learning a basic level of Mandarin is a mandatory part of the programme. In addition, you will learn how to do business in China and how this dynamic market will develop in the future
Learn from academia and practice
The Master in Strategy and Digital Business is based on a close collaboration between academia and practice. This ensures that you get a balanced picture of research-based insights and foundational knowledge in the respective domains, while at the same time learn first-hand from the practitioners who implement these concepts in companies and start-ups. This involves co-teaching of courses by executives, fireside chats and applied projects with corporate partners that allow you to directly apply what you have learned in a real-world scenario.
What You Study
The purpose of the Master in Strategy and Digital Business programme is to equip students with the strategic, digital and entrepreneurial skills for the job market of today and tomorrow.
A combination of theory classes and of live practical cases covering the areas of:
- Managing Emerging Technologies
- Techniques for Complex Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking and Communication Skills
- Strategic and International Management
- The Chinese Market and Doing Business in China
- International Entrepreneurship
- Research Methods, Complex Systems and Organizational Change
- Language Courses and Career Development
This master programme is the right choice if you want to...
- Be equipped for a more digital and global job market
- Work in an international and entrepreneurial context or become a strategy consultant
- Develop a strategic and international mindset
- Push thinking on how digitalization will change and influence the economy
- Meet inspiring teachers, company representatives, and peers who share your passion
- Receive a renowned degree from a highly-ranked business school
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Strategic Management
- International Strategy
Foundations of Management
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Managing Emerging Technologies
- Problem Solving and Communication
- Intercultural Management
- Business Plan Writing
- Doing Business with China
- Start-up School
- TED Talk Seminar
- International Marketing
- International Strategic Innovation
- Financial Decision Making
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship
Online Programming Course
Elective Module 1: Advanced Management Skills
- Research Methods
- Managing Complexity
Elective Module 2: Electives in Strategy and Digital Business
- Strategic Decision Making
- Design Thinking
- Digital Marketing
- Business IT
- Business Ethics
Elective Module 3: Languages and Career Development
- Language courses (Mandarin, German, French, Spanish, Italien)
- Career Development
Where You Study
Picture of Berlin (Copyrights moofushi) and Paris (Copyrights Mapics)
Thanks to ESCP Europe’s ‘multi-campus-model’, the Master in Strategy and Digital Business gives you the opportunity to study in two of Europe’s most popular cities – Berlin and Paris.
While courses of the 1st trimester are being taught in Germany’s vibrant capital, the 2nd trimester takes place in the stunning city of lights. You will then return to Berlin for the 3rd and 4th trimester and finish your studies with your Master Thesis. The Master in Strategy and Digital Business includes a 3-month internship which you can complete in any part of the world.
The German capital has always been very popular, especially among the younger generation. Entrepreneurs consider Berlin to be Europe’s fastest developing start-up scene. The city is also famous for its numerous “beergardens” and bohemian places. Over the years, Berlin has become more and more international. Visitors and locals enjoy a large variety of restaurants, coffee shops, and markets. Culture aficionados value the capital’s museums, theaters and concert halls.
The ESCP Europe Berlin Campus is located near one of the historical centerpieces of Berlin, the Charlottenburg Castle.
Paris is extraordinary in every way. You can follow the footsteps of major authors, painters, and other great personalities. Smaller than other capitals, students find an accommodation in the city center more easily and enjoy shorter distances. Theater plays, concerts and other cultural events are usually offered at a very reasonable student price.
The ESCP Europe Paris Campus is conveniently located in the heart of the city, in the 11th arrondissement. It offers its students extensive campus facilities and over fifty active student clubs and associations.
Admissions and Dates
This Master is the right choice if you have...
- A Bachelor degree of a state-approved higher education institution with a minimum of 180 ECTS
- A university background preferably in economics; interest in strategy and entrepreneurship
- Fluency in English (TOEFL written 600; TOEFL IBT: 100; TOEFL computer-based: 250; IELTS: 7). Candidates without documentary proof can pass a language test during the interview session
- Work experience not required (if given, maximum 2 years)
Candidates will be admitted on rolling base.
Fees and Financing
The fees for the two-year programme are set at 24,500 € with a non-refundable application fee of 130 €.
The fees are invoiced in four installments and are due as follows:
- First installment: four weeks after admission
- Second installment: Sept. 1, 2019
- Third installment: Jan. 1, 2020
- Fourth installment: June 1, 2020
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 8, 2018