Do you want to be a successful marketing leader of the future? Are you innovative, a team player and a great communicator? Do you want to stand out from the crowd and accelerate into an amazing marketing career anywhere in the world?
The Strategic Marketing degree at Swansea University will give you the foundation for a successful career. You’ll develop high-level marketing and strategy skills, with a critical understanding of current issues and challenges in an industry that is constantly evolving.
You’ll also gain a strong grounding in both the practical and theoretical aspects of contemporary marketing, including an in-depth understanding and appreciation of relevant ethical issues and social responsibility; arming you with the skills and tools that will allow you to play a valuable part in delivering a sustainable, inclusive and innovative future economy.
On completion of the taught elements of the course you have the opportunity to complete a work-based marketing project, allowing you to apply the skills and knowledge gained to a real life situation.
To study this specialist programme you must hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), a UK based professional body offering training and qualifications in marketing and related business. Your degree will include module exemptions from CIM professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway scheme. The programme has been designed in line with the CIM Postgraduate Diploma and will give you the opportunity to gain chartered status upon successful completion of the CIM accredited assignments.
Why Strategic Marketing at Swansea?
- Designed for recent marketing/business graduates or professionals who are already familiar with marketing concepts.
- Choice of either Dissertation or 3-month industry Placement Project
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Swansea University was voted Second in WhatUni? Student Choice Award 2019 - Postgraduate study
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
Your Strategic Marketing Experience
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
Public Health and Health Promotion Careers
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your MSc Strategic Marketing programme, with CIM accreditation, will give you the skills to forge a thriving career in a competitive environment across a variety of sectors anywhere in the world.
Your next role could be any of these:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Management Consultant
Students must attain a minimum 2:1 (or overseas equivalent) in a business related undergraduate degree.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English, you may be exempt from this requirement – click here for further information.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
Discover how our in-house Careers Service can support you.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More