Become a successful marketing leader of the future. Develop your high-level marketing and strategy skills, with a critical understanding of current issues and challenges in an industry that is constantly evolving. This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), including module exemptions from CIM professional qualifications (CIM Graduate Gateway scheme).
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Choice of either Dissertation or 3-month industry Placement Project
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- 93% of Swansea students in employment or further study within six months of graduating
- High contact time – each module includes a 2-hour lecture (class sizes approximately 150 students) followed by a 1-hour seminar/tutorial (class sizes capped at 30) every single week.
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
Graduates will gain a strong grounding in both the practical and theoretical aspects of contemporary marketing, including an in-depth understanding and appreciation of relevant ethical issues and social responsibility; arming students with the skills and tools that will allow them to play a valuable part in delivering a sustainable, inclusive and innovative future economy.
Students must attain a minimum 2:1 (or overseas equivalent) in a business related undergraduate degree.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English you may be exempt from this requirement.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
For students who fall significantly short of the general entry requirement, we offer a Pre-Master’s programme via International College Wales Swansea that will allow you to enter our postgraduate programmes.
Annual tuition fees for entry in the academic year 2018/19 are as follows:
Tuition fees for years of study after your first year are subject to an increase of 3%.
International students and part-time study: If you require a Tier 4 student visa you must be studying full-time. If you are in the UK under a different visa category, it may be possible for you to study part-time. Please see our part-time study and visas page for more information.
The tuition fees do not cover the costs of purchasing books or stationery, printing, thesis binding or photocopying costs.
There are no mandatory additional costs specified for this course.
Careers and Employability
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management, we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Get unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module which is run twice a year
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
- Join our Alumni community and meet graduates from previous years who can offer the benefit of their experiences
- Attend our Careers Fair and network with employers
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional.