MSc in Strategic Marketing
The MSc in Strategic Marketing programme is a one-year, full-time programme designed to extend the knowledge of those wishing to develop a successful career in marketing.
The programme allows students to explore the dynamic role and value of marketing in a variety of consumer, industrial and international markets.
Why study the MSc in Strategic Marketing?
The MSc in Strategic Marketing provides you with the knowledge you need to succeed as a marketing professional. You will explore the dynamic role of marketing in a wide range of consumer, industrial and international markets.
You will be given the latest information on the evolving methods and technologies that are used to promote products and services. You will gain a solid understanding of the increasingly demanding business environment and will develop an enhanced ability to adapt swiftly to challenging marketing situations.
About the MSc in Strategic Marketing programme
- is triple accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Federation of European Direct and Interactive Marketing, and the Marketing Research Society.
- includes an ideal opportunity to put theory into practice: as part of the Marketing Project, you will work with a real organisation on one of their marketing challenges.
- is taught in small groups which maximizes the opportunity for discussion and for interaction with faculty members.
- includes a residential programme which further develops your practical skills.
A Residential Programme
A residential programme is provided as an integral element of the programme, with no additional charge. Students spend three days at Gregynog Hall, a converted stately home in Mid-Wales. During the trip, guest lecturers give insights into their business experiences and a series of case-based practical sessions give students the opportunity to practice their negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
MSc in Strategic Marketing consists of two stages: the taught component and the marketing project.
Stage 1: The Taught Component
The taught programme is taught through a combination of formal lectures, student-led seminars, discussion of key texts and video material, case study analyses and group problem-solving exercises.
- Behavioural Aspects of Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Research in Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Digital Media Marketing
- International Marketing
- Marketing and Society
- Measuring Marketing Effectiveness
Stage 2: The Marketing Project
The Marketing Project enables you to work on a real-life marketing problem in a business, public sector or non-profit organisation. You will work in a team of three to five members, supervised by an academic.
You'll spend two months learning about the organisation’s operating environment, analysing their marketing challenges, designing a marketing plan for the organisation and presenting the proposed solution to their management board at a formal presentation.
Participating organisations have included:
- Equinox Communications
- Consumer Intelligence
- Cynnal Cymru-Sustain Wales
- Monmouthshire County Council
- Pera Cymru
- South Wales Police
- Welsh Music-SWN Festival
- JP Executive Lettings and Property Management
- S.A. Brain and Company
- V12 Retail Finance
- Year of the Tiger Health Spa
- Body Clinic
- Box UK
- Holiday Inn
- Leadership and Management Wales
- National Childbirth Trust
- Rhondda Heritage Park
Most modules are assessed by the equivalent of one 3000 word assignment and one two-hour examination. Some modules are assessed by continual assessment (individual assessment and a group presentation).
Starts 21st September 2015
Lasts for 12 months
We require at least an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent
IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any individual component
Tuition fees: £10,785 (UK/EU) £18,540 (Rest of the world)