MSc in Strategic Management Accounting
Fees: 2012 intake
Who is the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting for?
The MSc in Strategic Management Accounting is an exciting programme designed to produce high calibre graduates for leadership in business, advisory and accountancy. The programme is intended for high ability business graduates who want to achieve long-term career success, based on a strong foundation in accountancy and specialising in management accounting. Because the programme assumes a high level of accountancy knowledge, only graduates who have completed an undergraduate or a postgraduate programme with a substantial accountancy element are eligible.
Why choose the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting?
Management Accounting combines financial expertise and business acumen in order to analyse the strategy of a firm. Strategic Management Accounting is the provision of information to support the strategic decisions in organisations and to manage their implementation. This programme will equip business graduates with a systematic and rigorous knowledge of management accounting within the context of strategic management and will provide accelerated access to the highly regarded Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification.
- The objective of the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting is to produce high-calibre graduates who will progress rapidly through their Chartered Institute of Management Accountants examinations and training, and then advance to senior management and advisory positions within the industry.
- The programme is the result of a collaboration between the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
The specific programme objectives are:
- To provide graduates with a level of functional and technical competence that surpasses the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants professional syllabus.
- To develop the personal and business competencies of graduates, providing them with an excellent foundation for successful professional careers.
- To equip graduates with a systematic and rigorous knowledge of management accounting within the context of strategic management.
The programme prepares students for leadership in business and accountancy by equipping them with the necessary technical, analytical and personal skills. It is designed to develop skills that employers require including data analytics, business modelling, professional report writing and most importantly, the ability to work as part of a team.
Scholarship for 2013
Due to the generous sponsorship of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, one full scholarship will be available to the successful applicant following a competitive process. More details on the scholarship and how to apply will be available in May 2013.
Exemptions from Professional Examinations
Graduates of the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting will be exempt from all but the final examination of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
What will I learn?
Successful graduates of the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the most advanced techniques and tools in management accounting, management control and performance management;
- Translate and implement strategic objectives through management accounting and control systems;
- Critically appraise a management accounting and control system;
- Analyse and critically appraise corporate strategies;
- Engage in effective communication (oral and written) on accounting and management matters;
- Engage in self-directed learning and reflective learning to enhance their personal and professional development;
- Define and implement the management accounting and control systems appropriate to the strategic needs of an organisation;
- Perform key roles in the strategic management of organisations.
- Management accounting specialisation for students intending to gain the CIMA qualification
- Develops creative and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding lecturers and materials
- Collaboration between the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants ensures relevance of the programme to employers
- Strong emphasis on team learning and case study based learning
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018