Master of Science in Strategic Human Resources Management (MScSHRM) degree programme is a two-year programme made up of courses revolving around three core elements: strategies, globalization, and ethics. Upon completion, graduates will be able to operate as part of a senior management team and provide ethical leadership to those involved in the functional aspects of HRM and those who are directly managing HR at all levels.
- HKBU School of Business is amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accreditation bodies focused on business education: AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS.
- This programme is endorsed by the Hong Kong Institute of HRM.
The Programme aims to prepare graduates to:
- exhibit an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of strategic and global management as they pertain to human resource management;
- demonstrate state-of-the-art knowledge on human capital management including HR planning, talent management, succession planning, and HR measurements;
develop influential corporate decision-making strategies for human resources;
- speak the boardroom language on the topics of finance, technology, marketing, and operations, and perform the role of a strategic business partner;
- act as skilled change agents, creating transformation programmes and managing intellectual capital and information technology;
- function as the conscience of senior managers in terms of ethical behavior and professionalism;
- create a cultural bridge between local managers and their international counterparts.
Participants are required to complete a total of 30 credits upon graduation with 9 core courses and 1 elective course.
- Human Resources Management and Business
- Industrial-Organisational Psychology
- Skills for Managing Human Resources
- International Human Resources Management
- Strategic Human Resources Management in Practice
- Human Resources Research and Consultancy
- Human Resources Measurement
- Leadership and Innovation
- Degree Project: Creating and Sustaining the Knowledge-Based Organisation
Elective courses (Select one course)
- Current Employment Practices in China
- Ethics in Strategic Human Resources Management
Part-time: Available on a 2-year part-time basis where classes are taught over the weekends to meet the needs of working executives. Classes normally start from 9.00am to 5.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. A typical 3 credit course involves 4 class days, over 2 weekends.
Small-class teaching to ensure maximum interaction between participants and instructor.
The teaching faculty is balanced between international and local faculty, many of whom, in addition to their academic credentials, have practitioner backgrounds.
- A good bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional qualification, in any discipline, from a recognized university or an approved educational institution.
- Preferably a minimum of five years’ work experience in a supervisory, managerial or professional role.
- Applicants without a bachelor’s degree will be considered, based on their alternative qualifications (e.g., diploma in HRM), with professional experience significantly beyond 5 years, and with job seniority to match. Such cases will be reviewed individually based on their overall profile.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants graduated from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English must achieve the following English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL: 550 (Paper-based), 79 (Internet-based); or
- IELTS (Academic): Overall band score of 6.5
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018