- 16-month MSc program specialized in the Sports Industry
- Study management as it relates specifically to the industry
- Study in Paris and Shanghaiwith students from all over the world
- Benefit from industry field trips to the UK, Germany and the French Alps & the expertise of Outdoor Sports Valley
- Access a network of sports business contacts
- Obtain individualised careers services
- Gain tangible work experience
- Entirely taught in English
The MSc in Sports Industry Management program will help you:
- develop a broad general view of the dynamics in the international sports market and,
- acquire the specialist management skills and techniquesthat are necessary for success in this highly coveted and competitive industry.
In a 16-month period (minimum) you will study management as it relates specifically to the sports business, and share the classroom with students from all over the world. Starting your studies in Paris, you will acquire the fundamentals of management in a global environment and benefit from industry-specific courses all the while learning and applying emlyon business school’s innovative and entrepreneurial early maker pedagogy. To deepen your knowledge, expertise and help you manage the specifics of the sports industry, you will also benefit from field trips to London (UK), Munich (Germany) and the French Alps throughout the first few months of the program. After your time in Europe, where you will have the opportunity to visit companies, meet and hear from experts, and gain a special outlook on the outdoor industry, you will move on to emlyon business school’s Shanghai campus, for the “Asian Business Environment” module.
If you want to develop all it takes to start a successful career in the international sports industry, then this is the right program for you!
Helping You Manage Your Career
Students in the MSc in Sports Industry Management program share a strong desire to learn and work in management positions in large international sports companies. This passion is mirrored in a programme designed to develop those skills that will be most useful for the student's future career.
The Careers Services Department provides continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans to achieve them. With various workshops, tools, and one-to-one time with the Career Services staff, students will further develop their strengths and work on their weaknesses while building a resume fit for the global business world. Students have access to Company Visits, Conferences and a Sports Week in Shanghai where they are given the opportunity to meet hundreds of companies and emlyon business school partners, permitting them to exchange with real business representatives and further develop their network from the start of the program. With these advantages, students have a stronger resume, a broader network, and the necessary resources it takes to enter the international job market of the sports industry.
The first step of the admission process is your online application, which you can access through your personal space (programme dashboard).
- Selection sessions run from November to August.
Applications are currently closed for the 2018 intake. All key dates for the next intake will be provided soon.
- Admission is based on the following elements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
Please note: 3-year Bachelor's degree may be accepted for excellent profiles, including French Bac +3
- Official Management Aptitude Test Score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional - more info can be found on the FAQ document)
- English Proficiency test (optional)
We remind you this program is fully delivered in English. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the Admission Process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 3 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file.
- The Video Interview
- Potential Face to face or Skype interview, if the Admission Board requires it.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 10, 2018