Study management as it pertains specifically to the sports and outdoor industry, obtain a broad view of industry dynamics while studying in the Alps and Asia.
- For students holding a Bachelor’s Degree minimum in any field
- MSc in approved by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
- 18 months including a 4 to 6-month internship
- Taught in English
- Delivered in Paris & Shanghai with learning trips to the UK, Germany and the French Alps
18 months to match your talent with the sports industry specific needs
- Develop a broad view of the sports industry: To distinguish yourself in the sports industry, you’ll need to ensure that you have the necessary resourcefulness to stay one step ahead of the competition. You will learn to understand the dynamics of the international sports markets in Paris and Shanghai, acquire the necessary specialist knowledge, meet top industry players and experience the sports industry in other business environments.
- Experiment with field trips in Europe: To fully immerse yourself in the multicultural reality of the sports industry, you will benefit from field trips to London, Munich and the French Alps. May it be through presentations, workshops or company visits, the knowledge and experience you'll gain during these field trips will help you acquire essential assets to meet the needs of future recruiters and build a solid professional network.
- Meet the real needs of recruiters: The program was set up in collaboration with a group of companies in the sports and outdoor industry to respond to specific recruitment. Corporate partners have not only pledged their support to the program, but they also provide expert insights through classes, company visits and expert panels. Brands that have pledged their support to the program include Adidas, Eider, Millet, Patagonia, Petzl, Salomon, Tecnica, The North Face, Vuarnet, Wilson...
Word of welcome
As a student of this program, you will acquire fundamental management knowledge that will form the basis of your profession, specialist skills and techniques essential for success in the sports industry and broad knowledge of the dynamics of this market. In addition, the semester on emlyon business school’s Shanghai campus will add both an international experience as well as business knowledge of this fast-growing region to your resume.
The global sports industry is not like other industries, and companies that operate in this highly international and competitive environment need their managers to adapt their knowledge to the particular dynamics of their market.
With a strong emphasis on hands-on experience thanks to business projects, field trips to the UK, Germany and the French Alps and the internship period, this program will allow you to fully master the specifics of the sports industry, gain the necessary skill set to face the challenges of this business environment and obtain the knowledge and maturity global sports companies are looking for in future leaders of the industry."
Antoine Haincourt - Head of the MSc in Sports Industry Management - Expert Associate
As a student of the MSc in Sports Industry Management, you will benefit from a dedicated career track which will include workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits, etc... The Careers Services Department provides all students with continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move.
- Tools: Our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector-specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers.
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community.
Get to know how to choose the job you want
The MSc in Sports Industry Management prepares you for management careers within those companies active in sports and outdoor related industries.
Examples of diverse job descriptions may be found below in order to give better insight into what careers are offered in these sectors:
- Event organizer: Sports events organizers hold a great amount of hands-on responsibility whether working for event management institutions, in-house for a company or freelance contracts.
- Sports product marketing: Sports product marketing requires employees to have a connection with consumers and other various sports audiences. Product marketing actions may take place through sponsorships, corporate events, various advertising techniques, product promotion through players, and much more.
- Sports retailing: An employee working in sports retailing assists in promoting brand value while directly working with sporting goods and retailing to the consumer.
- Brand management: Sports brand management comprises itself of distinguishing sports names and symbols, giving the brand value amongst clients. Employees within in this field are in charge of creating and managing brand loyalty amongst the sports products, logos, or teams and its consumers.
- Sports agent: Sports agent careers require a wide range of management skills such as knowledge of finance, business management, financial and risk analysis, communication and negotiation skills, and not to mention, sports.
- Merchandising: When working in sports merchandising, employees contribute to the sale of products to the retail consumer.
Applicants to the MSc in Sports Industry Management need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field. Please note: 3-year Bachelor's degree may be accepted for excellent profiles, including French Bac +3.
Selection sessions run from November to July.
Should your application be complete, you will receive the admission board's final decision within 15 working days. Please send back your enrolment form within 10 working days after your admission results.
At emlyon business school, we take an applicant's entire potential into account. Elements like your motivation to pursue the MSc in Sports Industry Management, your background and career aspirations weigh just as heavily in our selection procedure.
You can apply through your personal space (program dashboard). You need to provide the following information:
- A résumé
- Two recommendation letters
- A copy of an official valid identity card or passport
- A certified copy of your most recent academic degree translated into English or French
- Official management aptitude test score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional)
- English proficiency test (optional)
We remind you this program is fully delivered in English. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the admission process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 3 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file
- Your video interview
- Potential face to face or Skype interview, if the Admission Board requires it
While filling out your application, you will be asked to record a video of yourself using an online platform. Your video will be submitted to the jury directly.The video complements your online application and aims to increase understanding of what your motivations and career objectives are, and discover more about your personality, interests and experience.
Applications fees for the 2019 intake: €120
Pricing is for the 2019 intake. All indicated fees include tuition, enrolment fees and lifelong membership of emlyon business school forever alumni network.
Extension of studies beyond the official length of the program is subject to payment of €500 administration fees per year.
About the School
Created in 1872 and based in Lyon, France, with multiple international campuses, emlyon business school is a top European business school devoted to lifelong learning for entrepreneurial and internati ... Read More