Learn about the physics laying behind modern nanotechnology!
The program is tailored to BSc graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge of physics and who are looking to pursue a research career within a university, industrial or research laboratory. Along with lecture courses, the program pays great attention to the work of students in research groups working in promising areas of modern physics: nanostructures and nanostructured materials, condensed matter physics, physics of advanced materials possessing unique properties.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
- Condensed matter physics;
- Optics and spectroscopy;
- Nanostructures and nanomaterials;
- Basics of semiconductor technology;
- Basics of technology of optoelectronic devices.
- Basic background and research experience in the top of modern physics;
- Potential to R&D in a variety of fields;
- Excellent analytical, critical and problem-solving skills;
- Communication and study skills: ability to manage their own learning and to make use of primary research sources and reviews;
- Transferable skills, necessary for employment: initiative, decision making and ability to undertake further professional training.
Curriculum (General Modules)
|Condensed Matter Physics
|Research and Master thesis
- Bachelor in Physics, Engineering Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science or similar.
- English language proficiency B+ level.
- Examination in the field of Physics.
- Interview with the program coordinator.
- ParisTech (France) DD
- University of Technology Troyes (France)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland)
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with an unforgettable experience!
Upon graduating from the Master program, students will have the skills necessary for a successful career as a research physicist, whether in industry, academia or elsewhere. Our graduates have the potential to work in a variety of fields, from the development and application of new functional nanostructures and materials to high-technology start-ups.