- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Master, full-time
- Nominal duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: MSc (Master of Engineering Sciences)
- Tuition fee: € 2880
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €200. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: Jun 30, 2019
- Studies commence: September 2
The Master's degree programme in Shipping and Port Engineering is designed to prepare highly qualified specialists and researchers able to engage in the intellectual and creative activity and to create favorable conditions for individuals to acquire a university master's degree, based on research and complying to a high technological level. It trains specialists who meet the needs of the contemporary knowledge and information-based economy and seeks to respond to the current and future labor market demands. During the studies in the Shipping and Port Engineering study programme, scientific research is conducted, and the theory of transport, transport systems, and their management are analyzed. The key courses taught in the programme include Reliability of Engineering Systems, Port Infrastructure Engineering, Types of Ships and Intro to their Design, Maritime Development Issues and Research Areas, Logistics and Administration, Stevedoring Operations and their Management, etc.
Masters in Shipping and Port Engineering can work as highly qualified specialists in maritime complex enterprises, in technology design and implementation areas, port divisions, transport companies, and administrative structures; to work as designers in design companies, as technical consultants, or as project managers in commercial enterprises, to conduct research in research institutions, to teach at universities or other higher education institutions; to establish their own transport and logistics companies and to manage them, or to continue in doctoral studies.
In the Port Engineering and Navigation Conditions Research Laboratory, students can, by means of the modern SimFlex4 Navigator simulator that simulates and tracks plentiful ship movement, as well as port facilities and infrastructure, parameters and by means of high accuracy navigation equipment E-Sea Fix, carry out specialised lab and scientific research tasks (determination of ship circulation elements; determination of the ship breaking performance; ship anchoring and mooring; determination and evaluation of the port parameters, etc.). In the lab, students enjoy the opportunity of getting acquainted with the ship management systems as well as with characteristics of ships and of the port infrastructure, they can test various features and possibilities of waterways through the adaptation of ship management characteristics and to develop skills for the practical analysis of, and experimental research on, the ship management characteristics and navigational security issues through their maximum approximation to real life conditions.
- University bachelor's degree in the area of technological sciences;
- University bachelor's degree in other areas and at least two-year work experience in the study field;
- Professional bachelor's degree after the completion of pre-master's studies.
Subramaniyan Navin Kumar, India
The University is good, a very peaceful atmosphere. Professors and the administrative staff are very friendly and co-operative. I am okay with the studies; I wish that, in the future, the curriculum would include practical studies as well. Internships could have been provided. Now I find the University lacking behind in providing career support and guidance to foreign students. If that part can be sorted out, I would recommend this university to others as well. I am from India and find it very economical to pursue higher studies here.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 15, 2018