Registration Number (Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance: 252569)
In today’s complex business environment, where so much of global GDP is now service-related, service science is both an exciting and crucial area in which business must increase their expertise to stay ahead. This programme considers the complexity of services which bring together a mesh of organizations, people, technologies, and information to deliver value to the customer.
What will the course provide?
You will learn to structure a service organization and look at excellence in service from a variety of international sector perspectives. By fully understanding the needs of both customers and stakeholders, you will be able to inform service design to optimal effect using the most appropriate tools and techniques. You will be taught to a take a ‘systems’ view of services; considering the design, development, delivery, maintenance and eventual replacement, to ensure the best outcomes are achieved.
The Service Systems research group at WMG has been working alongside leading companies such as IBM, Rolls-Royce, and BAE Systems in actively shaping research and teaching to answer the increasing demand for experts in this area.
After you graduated
This course is aimed at future leaders and managers of service-based organizations. It is not sector specific and is applicable to a wide range of industries including healthcare, finance, IT, travel, retail, education, oil and gas, and even the ‘servitisation’ of manufacturing companies, looking at the transition from product-centric to service-centric thinking.
As an SMD graduate, you could expect to work within operations management, business transformation, customer service, and service support strategy roles within any business, from local SMEs to global organizations.
Upon satisfactory completion of the programme, an MSc in Service Management and Design Degree will be awarded by the University of Warwick. It is identical to the degree awarded in the UK.
Key features of the WMG programmes
- Warwick is a Top 10 university in the UK.
- All modules are taught in Hong Kong by academics from WMG at the University of Warwick, UK, except the three modules conducted by the Hong Kong Institute of Patent Attorneys Ltd.
- Distinguished speaker series from industry experts.
- One or two modules of your course could be studied in the UK or with other WMG partner institutions such as Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Cyprus.
- Tuition fee scholarships are available for outstanding students.
- Innovative and proven teaching methods.
- Courses are applied with real, up-to-date industrial relevance.
- Flexible class schedule and programme route.
- Enticing career prospects.
- No written examinations. Assessed by assignments and project.
Note: The above student profile includes students from both "Programmed and Project Management" and "International Technology Management". The programme admits applicants from a wide range of disciplines.
Note: This is a registered course under the Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 13, 2018