MSc in Service Activities Marketing & Management
This program requires proficiency in English and French.
MBG Ranking: the Master Services Management of the IAE Aix is ranked among the best Programmes in Services Marketing.
The pedagogic objective is to prepare participants for the responsibilities of functional of operational management in commercial firms, service providers, or industrial firms developing their service activities. It is, therefore, a question of training managers capable of applying knowledge acquired in the principal functional domains in the field while at the same time taking into account the specificities of service management. The originality of this specialisation is in the teaching of three disciplines that are essential for service management: Marketing, Human Resources and Operations.
Structure and Content of the Programme
- Introducing Service activities
- Human Resources Management in Service activities
- Marketing Tools
- Detailed Service Marketing
- Service Operations Management
- Service Borders
- Services Strategy
Examples of Firms that have hired apprentices
Graduates find positions that are very diverse in the service domain. The following list provides a brief look at this diversity: Director of Human Resources in a hotel chain, Director of the branch of a bank, Market manager in a marketing department, Corporate real estate advisor, Consultant in a consultancy firm, Management controller in an industrial services and products firm, Hotel director, CEO of an institutional catering firm, Corporate engineer in a data processing firm, Quality manager.
For admittance into the first year of the MSc:
- A first university degree obtained after at least 3 years of higher education (Bachelor or equivalent qualification or 180 ECTS in the EU context).
For direct entry into the second year of the MSc:
- A first university degree obtained after at least 4 years of higher education (Bachelor or equivalent qualification or 240 ECTS),
- Professional and international experience(s) -studies or work abroad,
- A good command of both the French and English language
Admission criteria consists of TAGE-MAGE or GMAT; TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS (DELF2 for non-French speakers); professional career goals, previous studies; a personal interview
Program taught in: