- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Master, full-time
- Nominal duration: 2 years (120 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: MSc (Master of Public Administration)
- Tuition fee: € 2340
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €200. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: Jun 30, 2018
- Online application: https://apply.ku.lt/
- Studies commence: September 3
Master of Regional Governance
Master's degree programme in Regional Governance provides an understanding of the theory and practice of regional governance. It focuses on the issue of the public policy implementation related to the cohesion policy of regions in most sustainable, effective and democratic ways. The objective of the programme is to develop students' competencies in order to enable them to 1) advance discussions on regional issues and solutions; 2) conduct research and initiate change; 3) assume a leadership role; 4) develop regional projects; and 5) consolidate interests and coordinate governance networks.
The structure of the curriculum
Regional Development; Methodologies of Regional Governance; Inter-institutional Organizational Networks; Globalization and Internalization of Economy; Sustainable Development for Organizations; Participatory Governance in Regions; Evaluation of Regional Programs; Accountability of Civil Servants; Master's Final Thesis.
Job options for the programme graduate: they can work as experts in regional governance, project managers, and co-ordinators of horizontal inter-institutional and inter-jurisdictional relations, as marketing and communication professionals, evaluators of programs and projects, NGO and trade union leaders, as well as university research or academic staff and office administrators.
Applicants eligible for the study programme of Regional Governance are to have a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or Arts.
More about study programme you can find:
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique among its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
More about Klaipeda University, you can find:
- A member of European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
More about studies in Lithuania, you can find in the video: