- Focus on specialist skills
- Excellent opportunities for peer learning
- Immediate benefits in your workplace
- Expert faculty
What is the programme about
Business change, new products, new facilities, new systems and new technology are all achieved through projects in companies. This MSc in Project Management programme gives you an understanding of the technical and behavioural skills essential for successful project management.
This programme delivers a comprehensive learning experience and builds skills that otherwise would take a decade of experience to acquire.
What will you learn
The MSc in Project Management programme covers the fundamentals of professional project management, such as planning, methodology, leadership and teamwork, and gives you the opportunity to learn and test world-ranking software and simulation tools for project planning and control.
How will you benefit
You will be able to make a significant contribution to your organisation and your career.
This is a two-year, part-time degree, which takes place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. There are two classes per evening, between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm.
The programme is broken down into three semesters each year. Examinations take place at the end of semesters one and two. During the third semester, you must complete a research project. You can substitute your research project in year one or year two for a selection of three elective courses.
To complete the programme, students must take the following core modules and complete a summer project.
- Business Strategy
- Project Feasibility and Evaluation
- Project Finance
- Project Planning and Control
- Project Risk and Information Management
- Project Tools and Techniques
- Project Contracts
- Managing Clients and Contractor Relations
- Managing and Leading Project Teams
- International Projects
- Negotiation Theory and Practice
- Conflict Resolution
- Leadership Development
- Problem Projects and Turnarounds
This is a professional programme aimed at people who are working in or entering a project environment in areas, such as information systems, new product development, marketing, operations, finance, human resource management, engineering or science.
- You must have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification with at least three years’ relevant work experience.
- Names and contact details of two referees who can assess your intellectual ability, maturity and motivation.
- If English is not your native language, unless you have done your primary degree in English, an English language qualification is required (eg: IELTS/TOEFL). IELTS – an overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section. TOEFL – a minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, or 250 on the computer-based test; or 600 on the paper-based test.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018