This program prepares participants for successful careers helping organizations make better decisions through analytics. It prepares participants to work effectively with complex, real-world data and to create value from it. The program is based on a holistic educational experience, where theory and practice are fully interlaced through the continuous support of public and private sectors partners. This program will be the only program in the UAE ensuring the graduates are highly sought-after Data Translators within the industry. The Data Analytics program is designed to be suitable for working individuals.
The program gives participants the ability to help organizations increase the efficiency of their operations and gather and interpret data more efficiently. While pursuing their master's, they will also be coached to implement what they learn in the workplace and would give them more future opportunities. The program is carefully designed to cater for all levels of data analytics: from creating a strategy and vision for the organization towards big data, managing and securing the data, build appropriate infrastructure for data analytics, data analysis, and presentation for intelligent decision making. How data collection and analysis used for emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, virtual realities, robotics, machine learning and other fields are included in the program. The programme is jointly designed with public departments such as Smart Dubai and Dubai Data as well as international leading organizations in the field. It will be first of its kind in the UAE and will cater for working individuals
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Define and quantify business problems for the purposes of analysis and strategic decision-making.
- Use data collection and preparation techniques in the processes of model building for data analysis.
- Deploy data analytics platforms for large-scale data management.
- Use descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytical models.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate results and outputs from analytical operations.
- Make business decisions that create business value based on data analytics
- Identify and analyze security, ethical, and privacy issues related to Data Analytics.
- Demonstrate the relationship between Data Analytics and emerging technologies.
- Able to conduct research methods in the field of data analytics.
The program is comprised of 33 semester credit hours which students must successfully complete.
The table below shows the program structure of Master of Science in Professional Studies: Data Analytics program courses.
Research Design Methods
|Context and Trends: Data Analytics||3|
|Fundamentals of Data Analytics||3|
|Information Security Risk Management||3|
|Enterprise Infrastructure for Data Analysis||3|
|Data Management for Business Analytics||3|
|Data Analytics for Emerging Technologies||3|
|Data-Driven Decision Making||3|
|Special Topics in Data Analytics||3|
|Capstone Proposal Seminar||0|
For more information about this program, kindly contact Mr. Mahmoud at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 04-3712013.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 13, 2018