The MSc Professional Accounting programme aims to provide you with strong professionally oriented training in accounting. You will study the professional syllabus of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and will obtain exemptions from all six professional-level papers of the exams needed to gain chartered accountant status (subject to validation of the programme by ICAEW), as well as receiving preparation to sit the final advanced-level papers.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
The programme aims to equip you with:
- intellectual skills and theoretical understandings appropriate to the study of accounting at postgraduate level.
- an awareness of key current issues, theory and practice in the field of accounting.
- skills in professional accounting and financial decision-making, evaluation and analysis of financial data and the techniques to evaluate and act upon complex financial and tax-related issues encountered in practice.
- the knowledge necessary towards qualifying and operating as a chartered accountant.
- Financial strategy
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Audit and assurance
- Business strategy and management
- Business planning - taxation
- Tax compliance
- Corporate reporting and auditing I and II
- Strategic business management
- Integrated case study.
Additional learning activity modules
The programme shall include an additional 600 hours of Additional Learning Activity, normally spread equally over all the semesters of the programme.
The MSc Professional Accounting programme is designed to prepare you to qualify as a chartered accountant with ICAEW. It is also useful preparation towards other professional accountancy exams, such as those offered by ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
RMB 140,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in accounting. It is advantageous, but not essential, to have completed the six ICAEW Certificate Level (CFAB) exams on entry. Those who have not completed CFAB will need to do so prior to seeking full membership of the ICAEW. Applicants who do not have the equivalent degree in accounting will also be considered if they have passed at least four CFAB exams or equivalent. Applicants with a professional background rather than a degree need to demonstrate relevant working experience in an accounting or finance environment and will be considered case-by-case.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 10, 2017