The objective of the Master of Science is to form project leaders or supervisors capable of managing complex engineering projects in the domain of the environment and energy conversion systems within an international context. PM3E offers a balanced program of management skills and engineering techniques for environmental and energy projects. The technical part of the course concentrates on technology and process engineering as well as process modeling, simulation, and control. A significant part of the program is also devoted to social sciences for project managers.
A 2 years integrated program (starting in September) : 3 academic semesters (lectures in English) and a 6-month internship in industry or in a research laboratory.
The program aims to give
- A strong scientific background and technical knowledge in environmental and energy processes
- A good know-how in process modeling and simulation
- Cross-disciplinary management skills essential to set up and pilot projects in an international context
- A significant grounding of social sciences for engineers
Scientific and technical modules:
- Transfer Phenomena
- Introduction to Energy & Environmental issues
- Environment and process engineering
- Incineration and Waste Minimization
- Air and soil remediation
- Water Treatment Processes
- Water strategies and innovation
- Process modeling, simulation, and control
- Thermodynamics for Energy systems
- Energy systems
- Energy efficiency and services
- Energy networks
- Energy modeling and Optimization
Social Science and Management modules:
- Project management,
- Energy management
Company visits, Scientific seminars, Technical projects, Generic methods for Engineers, French language & culture
Professional coaching (a Student-centered process of reflection on competencies and professional objectives)
- 6-month MSc thesis in Industry or research lab
After completion of the program, PM3E graduates find career opportunities in close connection with industry, in fields such as:
- Energy production and exploitation: Oil and gas, power generation and distribution, renewable energies.
- Eco-industries: Water and air treatment, waste management and recycling, pollution reduction and remediation.
- Steel and chemical production.
- Building and civil sectors, etc.
The main employers are major industrial groups operating worldwide as well as leading companies in France or abroad. Public or private agencies and inter-governmental organizations working for sustainable industrial development are also potential employers.
PM3E graduates have the possibility of doing a Ph.D. and pursuing a career in research and development.
Is involved in projects of construction or improvement of industrial units, design, and optimization of clean manufacturing processes, pollution, waste and water treatment facilities, energy conversion and distribution systems.
- Exploitation or production engineer
Runs and manages an industrial production unit at different levels technical, financial, human, regulatory); coordinates and implements environmental management activities of the firm.
- Business or consultant engineer
Assesses new markets and develops new activities for firms at an international level, carries out audits and consultancy for the industry, especially for sustainability and transfer of new technologies.
Designs, carries out experimental studies, develops models and simulates innovative processes applied to air, water, waste treatments or energy production.
A committee consisting of professors is charged with selecting the applicants, based on the following criteria:
- Motivation letter
- Applicant's previous grades, scores, and recommendations
- English level
- Working or training experience
- Description of the professional plans after the PM3E program
- Reference letters
Please upload the required documents for PM3E application on the dedicated online platform: https://pm3e.imt-atlantique.fr
Participation cost: 12000 €/year
Special rates for:
- European students from the Erasmus zone (6000 €/year)
- EU Graduate students from our partner universities(3000 €/year)
- EU students met at Education fairs (5400 €/year)
- Excellent EU applications or recommended EU applications(2600 €/year)
- Non-EU students graduated from our partner universities (6500 €/year)
- Non-EU students met at Education fairs (9600 €/year)
- Non-EU Excellent applications or recommended applications (6000 to 9000 €/year)
- Double-Degree students
Program taught in: