Are you interested in agriculture and horticulture, ecological agriculture or plant biology and the effect of climate and environment on growth and quality? Health aspects of plants and food?
What can you use this qualification for?
What will you learn?
Students will learn about flowers, fruits, berries, vegetables, and cereal. Understanding of plants function, and how the environment and climate effects on their functions. Genetics and molecular methods. Plant health and plant protection.
The program provides specialization in agriculture, horticulture, plant biology or plant protection.
You can choose between three study options:
Plant Production Systems, Plant Biotechnology, and Plant Protection
Plant Production Systems, focusing on:
• Flowers, fruits, berries, and vegetables.
• Cereal, fiber and oil plants and diverse fodder plants.
• Environmentally sustainable growing methods.
• Physiological processes in plants, affected by external conditions (nutrients, temperature, light, and day length).
• How plant breeding are used to meet the market.
Plant Biotechnology, focusing on:
• Understanding of plants function, and how the environment and climate effects on their functions.
• Genetics and molecular methods.
Plant Protection, focusing on:
• Biology of plant pests, diseases, and weeds.
• Methods and strategies for protecting plants from pest organisms and reducing competition from weeds.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 15, 2018