MSc in Plant Protection
Dr. András Takács, associate professor, director of the Institute of Plant Protection
Master course in Plant protection
Master in Plant Protection
The aim of the program is to train specialists of plant protection who are able to fulfil directional, managing, organizing, consulting, regulating and marketing tasks, based on their wide theoretical knowledge.
Such experts are able to detect the organisms, which are threatening plants (pathogens, pests, weeds) and they are acquainted with their biology and reproduction, and also with the effects and mechanism of pesticides concerning even the environment and humane hygiene. They can prevent the harms and damages caused by the above-mentioned organisms and they are applying the procedures of ecological and integrated plant protection in order to reduce the pesticide-load of the environment. In their work they are always attentive to the safety of food, processors, consumers and the environment. Having a degree in higher education they are permitted to use restricted chemicals.
The further aim is to prepare the interested and inspired students for research work and Ph.D. training in the field of plant protection.
Knowledge to be acquired at the MSC specialization:
- botanical, chemical, ecological, molecular biological, agro-zoological, phytopathological, herbological and plant cultivation knowledge;
- natural, economical, commercial, environmental protection, rural developmental, business and management knowledge necessary for the practice of our specialization;
- economical and mechanical knowledge in the field of plant protection;
- technical, technological knowledge;
- plant biotechnological, resistance biological, diagnostic knowledge;
- knowledge of professional consultation and operating the system of supporting the decision.
Personal qualities and skills to practice one’s qualifications:
- the skill of recognizing and solving problems, creativity
- sensibility towards the environment
- to keep environmental regulations
- communication skills and abilities, to perform engineering and management tasks
- sense of professional responsibility
- the demand for professional further training
- aptitude for cooperation and after having proper practical experience supply leading tasks
Length of the study program:
Admission criteria, application requirements
Applicants intending to join a master program should hold an undergraduate degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant field of science or related area. Degree qualifications are assessed individually in accordance with the diploma (Degree Certificate) and its attachments, or with the Report of Study (Index).
Acceptable courses: natural sciences, technical and social sciences, horticultural production, plant protection, crop production, animal husbandry and economics, according to the comparison determined in the law of higher education and the related ministerial decrees
Excellent command of English
Minimum number of participants: 10
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 20, 2018