The Faculty of Philosophy offers a high-quality English language master's programme in PPE to national and international students. The master’s in PPE at the University of Groningen offers an interdisciplinary degree for ambitious students with diverse interests and backgrounds, providing specialist training in understanding the social world. Public policy as much as commerce increasingly requires broader, more integrated theories and methodologies. The programme offers systematic training for the development of analytical and quantitative skills as well as a solid background of theoretical and historical knowledge in PPE. It aims to encourage open-mindedness and responsible decision-making, and while it is truly interdisciplinary, it will have a very clear and distinct identity, focusing on methods uniting the three disciplines of philosophy, political science, and economics. The programme is open to students with Bachelor’s degrees in philosophy, political science, and economics, as well as to students with Bachelor’s degrees in history, international relations, sociology, psychology, provided they demonstrate sufficient knowledge of at least one of the three core fields (philosophy, political science, economics). Admissions Requirements for international students
- The applicant has (1) a Bachelor’s degree in PPE, or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy or Philosophy of a Specific Discipline, Economics or Political Science. Another degree obtained at an institute of higher education in the Netherlands or abroad may be considered by the Board of Admissions, based on the CV, the letter of motivation and the writing example of the applicant.
- The applicant has a good academic record in his/her Bachelor programme, as attested by a mean score of at least 7,5 in the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree and at least a 7,5 for the Bachelor’s thesis. The Board of Admissions will use an equivalent method of calculating the mean score for applicants with non-Dutch Bachelor degrees.
- Non-native speakers of English language must gain a TOEFL score of a min. total score of 100, with the following minimum section scores: reading 22, listening 22, speaking 26, writing 24.
Duration: 12 months
Language: English (100%)
Start course: September 01, 2018
- EU/EEA students: April 01, 2018
- non-EU/EEA students: April 01, 2018
Program taught in: