Oil and Gas Process Engineering
- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 1.5 years (90 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: MSc (Master of Engineering Sciences)
- Tuition fee: € 4100
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30/ November 30
- Studies commence: September 1 / February 1
Master in Oil and Gas Process Engineering
Education plays a key role in the development and maintenance of the economic viability and growth of the petroleum industry. Whether you are a plant operator or supervisor, an engineer, project manager, executive, regulator, or attorney, or just curious about petroleum technologies, Klaipėda University has a Oil and Gas Process Engineering programme for you.
The main aim of the Master's degree programme in Oil and Gas Process Engineering is to prepare highly qualified engineers of petroleum technological processes with profound knowledge of chemical engineering, petroleum production, oil refining, and interdisciplinary subjects who would be able to apply research methods to the sustainable petroleum industry development. The Master's degree programme in Oil and Gas Process Engineering provides students with comprehensive education and engineering tools needed for the solution of future challenges, for putting forward proposals for the improvement of petroleum technologies, and for work in an international environment.
The structure of the curriculum
The courses in the programme curriculum. In Semester 1, students take Intro to Scientific Research, Principles of Sustainable Development, and Numerical and Mathematical Modelling. They obtain the knowledge of hydrocarbon reservoirs, key methods of oil &gas extraction as well as components of oil drilling rigs, study the chemical and fractional composition of petroleum, learn about thermal and catalytic refining processes, cleaner technologies, and renewable energy sources. In Semester 2, students acquire the knowledge of chemical reaction engineering, thermal and catalytic petroleum refining processes equipment, and oil waste treatment technologies, and simultaneously develop their skills of understanding corrosion problems in the oil & gas sector and learn about the oil & gas terminals supply chain and pipelines. Semester 3 is devoted to the preparation and defence of the Master's final thesis.
Masters in Chemical Engineering (Oil and Gas Process Engineering) can do research, technological, expert, advisory, and managerial work in oil refineries, oil fields, petroleum and petroleum product terminals, scientific institutions, chemical laboratories, or continue in doctoral studies. On acquiring managerial and practical experience, they can work as executives in the petroleum business.
In terms of the study infrastructure, the Faculty has created good working and study conditions for students. Students can carry out scientific research in three research laboratories. The amount of the equipment is sufficient for the intended lab work /scientific research. Moreover, students can work in the laboratories of the Marine Research Institute.
Master's Study programme in Oil and Gas Process Engineering admits bachelors in the areas of biomedical, physical, or technological sciences without entrance examinations.
Srinivasan Chandran (graduated in 2016)
I miss my university… I like our department just because our staff members are so kind and friendly, and I like the atmosphere, which is excellent for studies.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique among its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 2% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania