Jason Blackeye / Unsplash
The M.S. program in Offshore Wind Energy Engineering is offered through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. This program offers graduate-level training in offshore wind engineering, policy, and project management training for students seeking jobs in the emerging global offshore wind energy industry.
- Infrastructure and transmission
- Site characterization and permitting
- Foundation design and monitoring
A full-time student can complete this option in one year but three semesters are recommended, and part-time study is available.
Ten courses are required:
- Technical core (4 courses): Four courses in structural and/or geotechnical engineering with applications to offshore wind support structures and other physical infrastructure related to the offshore wind industry.
- Energy Core (1 course): One introductory course on clean energy engineering.
- Technical Elective (3 courses): Three technical electives on data science, controls and/or power systems.
- Policy, Economics, and Management Electives (2 courses): Two electives in energy policy, economics, and/or management.
Admission into the Department generally requires course credits in science (e.g. biology, chemistry, physics), mathematics (through differential equations), and engineering sciences (fluid mechanics, statics). Please note that students lacking one or more of these undergraduate preparations may be admitted on the condition that they complete the necessary coursework during their first year at Tufts. Credits resulting from the successful completion (i.e., a grade of B or better) of conditional coursework are required to obtain a degree but may not be used to satisfy graduate course requirements within the degree program.
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official GRE scores
- GRE not required for current Tufts undergraduates applying to the M.S. degree program. GRE scores may be waived for part-time students with five years of industry experience who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Visit go.tufts.edu/engmasters for complete details. If you believe you are eligible to have the GRE waived based on these requirements, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Engineering part-time Master's GRE requirement"
- Official TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
About the School
The Tufts University School of Engineering offers a rigorous engineering education in a unique environment that blends the intellectual and technological resources of a world-class research university ... Read More