SNEAM - Nuclear Technologies for Medical Applications. This specialty develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge of the different nuclear technologies used in the medical field. It has a particular focus on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
- Acquire the basic scientific knowledge relative to nuclear technologies, necessary for understanding their utility and danger in medical applications.
- Develop competencies in beams production and qualification.
- Master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of a project in nuclear medicine. Implement appropriate solutions through projects in/with industry.
- Develop competencies in radioprotection and nuclear waste management in the medical environment.
- Build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear medicine.
The Master of Science starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1: 2 academic semesters in Nantes campus
- MSc year 2: 1 academic semester for specialization taught in French in Nantes campus + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
Scientific and technical modules:
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to Nuclear modeling
- Introduction to Neutron physics
- Physico-Chemistry of Environment
- Introduction to Nuclear Technology
- Nuclear Reactions and Radiations
- Mathematical Tools and Computer Simulation
- Medical Imaging Techniques
- Nuclear: Management, Safety, and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Company visits, scientific seminars, technical projects, generic methods for Engineers, French language & culture
Professional coaching (a Student-centered process of reflection on competencies and professional objectives)
- 6-month MSc thesis in Industry or research lab
- Project engineer related to medical installations.
- Safety engineer in medical installations.
- Operation engineer of medical installations (radiology equipment, accelerators, etc).
- Research scientist and development engineer for medical installations.
A committee consisting of professors is charged with selecting the applicants, based on the following criteria:
- Motivation letter
- Applicant's previous scientific background and scores
- English level (French language skills might be required for application to this specialization in medical nuclear in view of the 3rd semester taught in French)
- Working or training experience
- Description of the professional plans after the SNEAM program
- Reference letters
Please upload the required documents for SNEAM application on the dedicated online platform: https://sneam.imt-atlantique.fr
Participation cost: 12000 €/year
Special rates for:
- European students from the Erasmus zone (6000 €/year)
- EU Graduate students from our partner universities(3000 €/year)
- EU students met at Education fairs (5400 €/year)
- Excellent EU applications or recommended EU applications(2600 €/year)
- Non-EU students graduated from our partner universities (6500 €/year)
- Non-EU students met at Education fairs (9600 €/year)
- Non-EU Excellent applications or recommended applications (6000 to 9000 €/year)
- Double-Degree students
- Possible Industrial sponsorship.