NE/NEPIA Nuclear Energy Production & Industrial Applications specializes in nuclear sciences applications including energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications (particles beams technology, instrumentation, etc). A particular focus is put on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary for understanding nuclear energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications, e.g. accelerators, cyclotrons, etc.
- Develop competencies in reactor operation, maintenance and safety issues including radioprotection.
- Develop competencies in particles beams production and qualification.
- Develop competencies in nuclear radiations applications: instrumentation, non destructive control, security, etc.
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear energy production.
- Take into account societal issues related to nuclear energy production.
The Master of Science SNEAM-NEPIA starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1: 2 academic semesters in Nantes campus - Fall 2020 intake: first semester online
- MSc year 2: 1 academic semester for specialization in Nantes campus + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
Scientific and technical modules:
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to Nuclear modeling
- Introduction to Neutron physics
- Safety and Radioprotection
- Physico-Chemistry of Environment
- Introduction to Nuclear Technology
- Basics for reactors
- Dismantlement and Decommissioning of Nuclear Installations
- Nuclear materials
- Operation & maintenance
- Nuclear: Management, Safety, and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Company visits, scientific seminars, technical projects, generic methods for engineers, French language & culture
Professional coaching (a Student-centered process of reflection on competencies and professional objectives)
- 6-month MSc thesis in Industry or research lab
- Project engineer related to nuclear energy.
- Operation and maintenance engineer in power plant and other industrial applications.
- Safety engineer in nuclear power plant operation and industrial installations, and environmental controls.
- Research scientist and development engineer for industrial installations and power plants.
A committee consisting of professors is charged with selecting the applicants, based on the following criteria:
- C.V. / Resume
- Motivation letter
- Applicant's previous scientific background and grades
- English level
- Working or training experience
- Description of the professional plans after the SNEAM program
- Reference letters
Please upload the required documents for SNEAM application on the dedicated online platform: https://ne.imt-atlantique.fr
Fall 2020 application deadline has been extended to June 15th, 2020.
Participation cost: 12000 €/year
Special rates for:
- European students from the Erasmus zone (6000 €/year)
- EU Graduate students from our partner universities(3000 €/year)
- EU students met at Education fairs (5400 €/year)
- Excellent EU applications or recommended EU applications(2600 €/year)
- Non-EU students graduated from our partner universities (6500 €/year)
- Non-EU students met at Education fairs (9600 €/year)
- Non-EU Excellent applications or recommended applications (6000 to 9000 €/year)
- Double-Degree students
- Possible Industrial sponsorship.
About the School
IMT Atlantique is one of the best Graduate Engineering Schools in France. This institute of higher education and research was created through the merger of Telecom Bretagne and École des Mines Nantes ... Read More