Do you find satellites, collaborating robots, safety-critical networks between cars and fighting cyber terrorism interesting? Do you want to master advanced technology and obtain a strong technical competence profile, while also learning about team work? And would you like to combine theory with practice? Then you should consider the Networks and Distributed Systems (NDS) programme at Aalborg University.
- Because our unique NDS MSc attracts highly qualified students from all around the world
- Because the programme gives you a chance to work with many aspects of communication networks and distributed systems
- Because you will get familiar with project-based learning, and, in addition to the technical content, you will gain experience with project management and planning
- Because Aalborg university is one of the renowned universities in active and collaborative learning.
The courses and projects in NDS prepare graduates for success by providing comprehensive knowledge of the discipline while maintaining the essential qualities of personal and professional success.
The courses give you a broad foundation, within subjects such as:
- Wired and wireless networks
- Traffic theory and modelling
- Graph theory
- Security and management.
- By combining theoretical knowledge gained from the courses with practical hands-on experience
- Semester projects centred on a general theme
- Semester courses (mandatory as well as elective)
- 1-2 weeks mini projects for particular subjects
- Well-equipped laboratories with all the necessary tools to build your project
- Helpful and open-minded teachers, willing to help you with your questions and ideas and to guide you through complex concepts
- By developing and applying advanced computational methods to a diverse range of applications.
In the projects, you will work in-depth with problems of your own choice, often in close cooperation with researchers and/or industrial partners.
You will get familiar with problem based learning, and in addition to the technical content, you will also learn about project management and planning. Moreover, we focus on systems design, where you will design a distributed system to solve a real existing problem. Part of the system will also be implemented and tested.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 2, 2016