Why should you choose Molecular and Cellular Biomedical Technologies?
- The strong connection between Education and Science;
- Interdisciplinary knowledge at the intersection of biology, pharmacology, cell, and molecular medicine;
- Skills and knowledge at the new biomedical technologies;
- Prospective employment in Scientific research.
About the program
Fundamental background and Practical skills in the following fields:
- Molecular Biology and Virology
- Medical bioinformatics
- Mathematical Modeling
- Laboratory Management
Special focus is set on
Molecular and cellular approaches for the development of therapies against socially significant diseases such as viral and bacterial infections, cancer and autoimmune diseases, hereditary diseases.
- Biotechnology companies
- Research institutes
- Biomedical centers
Major areas of expertise
Life science, biomedical systems, and technologies, cellular and molecular biology, biophysics, biotechnology, molecular virology and immunology, biological materials, drug and vaccine design.
Key competencies and skills that you will develop
- Research skills in molecular and cellular biology, immunobiotechnology;
- Up-to-date technologies for drug and vaccine design;
- Skills in molecular modeling and bioinformatics;
- Basics of the preclinical trials.
Tuition fee per year
- For foreign students: 305 000 Rubles
- For Russian students: 244 800 Rubles
You are kindly required to fill in an online application.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology or an equivalent degree according to the educational system of the country they represent
- Level of English – Intermediate and more (provide a certificate)
- Entrance examination: Language Interview (personal or by Skype)
Research and Educational centers
Laboratory of molecular neurodegeneration
The main research areas at the laboratory are fundamental and applied research in Neuroscience, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.
Laboratory of microencapsulation and controlled delivery of biologically active compounds
The main Research area of the center connected to the development and application of biotechnological systems for targeting and delivering different biological compounds using microencapsulation.
Scientific and educational complex "Immunobiotechnology and gene therapy" (in collaboration with the Smorodintsev Research Institute of Influenza)
Development of vaccines and immunotherapy approaches against infectious diseases. The Center is specialized in viral vector and recombinants vaccines, RNA vaccines and therapy.
Scientific and educational complex "Nano biotechnologies"
The Center uses the most advanced experimental approaches to study the composition and structure of the most complex biological objects, identify their functions at the cellular and subcellular levels, determine trace amounts of metabolites in human vital products, study the most complex biochemical processes at the molecular level, study the dynamics of nanobiomachines at a single molecular level, use gene therapy.
Research Laboratory "Molecular Virology and Oncology"
The main focus of the laboratory is connected with fundamental Research and the development of modern biomedical approaches for detection and treatment of viral infections and cancer using molecular biology, biotechnology and gene engineering.
Where will you work afterward?
Graduates will be able to work in various fields of Biomedicine: from bacteriology and virology to genetics and laboratory diagnostics.
Educational and Research institutions, R&D centers, Biotechnological companies.
About the School
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University was founded in 1899. Recently SPbPU became "National Research University", also known in Russia and abroad as Polytechnic Institute — a recognized ... Read More