This programme aims to give students of molecular biology a solid foundation for a career in medically related areas. These areas have played, and will continue to play, a central role in pharmaceutical and biotechnological development. The programme also deals with subjects related to obvious commercial applications such as the development of diagnostic tools, quality control, and functional foods.
Special features of the programme:
- Broad range of courses related to medical biology, including pharmacology, immunology, nutrition physiology, toxicology, and neurobiology
- Integration of theory with training of laboratory skills
- Insights into the drug development process, from research to clinical use
- Extensive training in oral and written communication provides a solid basis for the use of relevant terms and expressions within medical biology and related areas
- Extracurricular activities such as seminars and site visits are offered
The knowledge and skills you will gain on this programme open doors to employment within many sectors in industry, academia and the public sector, both nationally and internationally. This could be in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or food industries, in patent and legal issues, education or research funding. The programme also provides you with a solid grounding for PhD studies.
Read more about this programme on www.lunduniversity.lu.se/Molecular-Biology-Medical
Why Lund University?
Founded in 1666, Lund University is one of northern Europe’s oldest, broadest and finest universities. Ranked among the world's top 100 universities in the QS Ranking 2016/2017, the University is the #1 choice for international students coming to Sweden – one of the world's most innovative, creative and democratic countries.
If you want a truly global classroom experience where you can start your international network, Lund University is a great option to consider. Experience a different way of learning in a country ranked as the second best in the world at providing higher education. Group work and informal teacher-student relationships facilitate an in-depth level of learning.
The University is located in Lund - a charming and compact university city in southern Sweden, only 35 minutes from Copenhagen. The city is famous for its vibrant student life and is home to many world-leading research facilities and international companies.
Learn more at www.lunduniversity.lu.se
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 23, 2017