Graduate programs lead to M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Mathematics.
The current interests concentrate in mainly two areas:
- analysis and its applications (applied functional analysis, differential equations, numerical analysis),
- algebra and number theory and their applications (in particular, modular forms, finite fields, coding theory, and cryptography).
Graduate students may choose to follow the regular track of pure mathematics as well as joint work with other disciplines within the university such as the computer science or economics.
The research within the Mathematics Group at Sabancı University focus on:
- Algebra, Number Theory, and Applications (finite fields, curves over finite fields, algebraic coding theory, pseudorandom number generators, enumerative combinatorics, integer partitions and q-series).
- Analysis (functional and complex analysis, differential equations, probability, and distributions).
Applications for graduate programs are evaluated by the respective Admission Jury along with individual program entries. Admission is finalized by the approval of the related Graduate School Board upon the recommendation of the Jury and announced to the applicants.
Applicants may be called for written exams and interviews. All written exams and interviews are held in English.
Periods for application are announced in Academic Calendar.
Your registration will be done upon the approval of Turkish Higher Education Council regarding the equivalence of the last graduated higher institution and the course of study.
- Online Application Form: Candidates can apply for more than one program via the online application form. Separate forms are to be filled for each applied program. Print-out of Completed Application Form should be added to the Application Package. Applicants can either submit the application package including the required documents in person or can send via post to Student Resources. A separate application package is to be submitted for each applied program. All the application documents become the property of Sabancı University. It is suggested to keep the original reports of TOEFL, GRE and ALES scores for you, and apply with the copies of those exams.
- Official Transcript: Sealed and taken from Student Resources/Affairs of the applicant's university indicating the courses and grades taken.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be either submitted online or posted in a sealed envelope. After you complete your online application, an email will be sent automatically to your recommenders which you enter to Recommenders part. Recommenders can click the link to write the recommendation letters or give letters in a closed envelope signed and stamped.
- One Photograph: If you have already added one photograph to your online application, you do not need to send it.
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: ALES: Numerical ALES min. score 65; GRE : 153 (Scores on the Current Scale); GAT: Accumulative Percentile : %60 (for international student). Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted for admission. Graduate Program Entrance Exam Results must have been taken no more than ALES 3 years, GRE 5 years and GAT 2 years.
- English Proficiency Exam Result: As the language of instruction at Sabancı University is English, any of the following English Proficiency Exam results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: TOEFL: Min. score 80 in an Internet-based test; KPDS: Min. score 67; ÜDS: Min. score 67; YDS: Min. score 67; e-YDS: Min. score 67. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted for admission. The TOEFL must have been taken no more than 2 years, KPDS, ÜDS, e-YDS, and YDS must have been taken no more than 3 years prior to the application to Sabancı University
- Statement of Purpose
- Degree Requirements: An undergraduate degree is required in order to apply for all graduate (master's and Ph.D.) degree programs. It is possible to apply for Ph.D. programs with only undergraduate or undergraduate + master's degrees. Holders of all major degrees are eligible to apply. An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program. Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
Program taught in: