Train the next generation of scientists experts in computational biology and biomedical data science.
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- FI (initial training)
- Duration: 2 years
- Location: Sophia Antipolis
- Language: English
- Web site: http://univ-cotedazur.fr/en/idex/formations-idex/qcsbd/
Computational biology is a multidisciplinary approach addressing and solving current problems in biology and medicine using methodologies stemming from mathematics, physical sciences, and computer science. This program will provide prospective individuals with the opportunity to learn how to precisely understand a biological question, conceptualize biological phenomena with a mathematical model integrating observational data and find an appropriate way to solve it.
During the training, students will be taught relevant theoretical and methodological concepts in areas ranging from:
- Mathematical and computational methods in computational biology and bioinformatics;
- Modeling approaches to relevant to study biochemical and biophysical processes in cells and tissues;
- Analysis and interpretation of large datasets coming from high-throughput technologies ( “omics” data, images, signals, measurements), in particular, single-cell data;
- Fundamental aspects of cell biology;
- Biology of cancer and aging.
In short, prospective students will learn to tackle computational biology problems in a scientific, evidence-based manner as well as have the opportunity to gain experience working in a true multidisciplinary mindset.
Program and content
Fundamental Courses in:
- Cell and tissue biology
- Data Science
- Systems Biology
3 months internship and/or lab immersion on modeling and data analysis projects on biological topics.
- Advanced cell and tissue biology
- Cancer systems biology
- Computational biology for the biology of aging
- Formal and computational approaches for single cell biology
- 6 months internship
Tuition fees: 4000€ per year - The tuition fee may vary according to your residence status, namely if you are a resident of an EU country or of a country outside the EU.
Students with a bachelor (180 ECTS) in mathematics, computer science, physics, or science and technologies with a strong motivation to work at the interface with biology.
- Ph. D programs in bioinformatics, biophysics, systems biology.
- Research Engineer in private R&D sector of pharma companies, software companies, hospitals, CRO, Diagnosis companies, whose activities address: Human genomics, Personalized and precision medicine, Regenerative medicine, Single cell data analysis, Cancer systems biology, Metagenomics, Bioengineering, Synthetic biology, Bioimaging.
About the School
Université Côte d’Azur is a recently created cluster of higher education establishments on the French Riviera that brings together all the major players in higher education and research in the region. ... Read More