Major in Light-Weight Structures
The studies expand the knowledge in the field of lightweight polymer construction composites, including biocomposites, versatile applications in aviation, shipbuilding, in a variety of mobile systems such as motor vehicles, buses, rail vehicles, rotors of wind farms with increasing dimensions, sports and recreational equipment, and many other areas of life, where high stiffness, impact resistance, and lightness are required.
Students acquire the knowledge in the field of processing techniques, product design skills, specialized mechanical and non-destructive tests, operational durability assessment and recycling possibilities of lightweight constructions.
Major in Processing of Polymer Materials
The studies prepare students to design and construct technological equipment for the processing of polymeric materials, to choose strategies in the selection
of materials for specific products, taking into account the conditions of their operation. The students acquire knowledge of modern methods of materials testing and methods for obtaining special construction materials based on polymers and polymer composites.
The enrolment in the studies at the West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin is held twice a year:
- summer enrolment (May - July) - for studies, starting from the winter semester.
- winter enrolment (January - February) - for studies, starting from the summer semester (only applies to second-degree studies).
Candidates for the second-degree studies are qualified on the basis of the graduation degree of university education.
Enrolment in studies consists of several stages:
- stage 1. registration in the online registration platform.
- stage 2. initial verification of supporting documents to confirm previous education.
- stage 3. submission of a set of required documents.
- stage 4. confirmation of the results of the qualification.
The Online Registration Platform (ISR) is the first and necessary element of enrolment in higher education studies. Each candidate is required to register with the ISR in accordance with the schedule published for a given enrolment.
In the ISR, candidates fill in the information on:
- personal data
- school documents (secondary school leaving certificates, degrees, etc.) along with the grades being supplemented.
- For the programs taught in English, the candidate must present a document, confirming their knowledge of English at a minimum level of B2.
- Foreign documents about education.
- Foreign school leaving/degree certificates shall be properly legalized or provided with an apostille.