M.Sc. in Materials Science and Engineering
Advances in technology depend more and more on the discovery and development of new materials having particular desired properties. In addition to mechanical strength, various structural, optical, electrical, magnetic and thermal properties are demanded from materials depending on the application. The field of Materials Science and Engineering investigates different classes of materials -metals, ceramics, polymers, electronic materials, biomaterials- with an emphasis on the relationships between the underlying structure and the processing, properties, and performance of the materials.
Understanding various material properties is the first step in finding ways to tailor these properties to meet some particular need or application, and for creating entirely new materials having particular desired properties. The M.S. program in Material Science & Engineering at Koç University is an interdisciplinary program with the objective of giving the students the fundamental physical and chemical knowledge required for material synthesis, structure-property characterization and processing; and complementing this with practical laboratory experience.
Research Areas of Interest
- Nano-Structured Materials.
- Photonic & Laser Materials.
- Polymeric Materials & Composites.
- Processing & Device Applications.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV).
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc, 3 for Ph.D.) (3 for MS in Molecular Biology and Genetics).
- (Recommendation Letters for Electrical and Electronics Engineering should be sent directly from the referee with signature through e-mail).
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English).
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS / YDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals).
- GRE scores (required from Foreign students; optional for Turkish students).
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Areas of Interest.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 29, 2017