The MSc in Marketing is designed to develop your understanding and competence in marketing. You will study a range of core and develop topics in this customer-orientated business discipline. You will develop a strong understanding of how marketing interacts with and contributes to other key business areas within an organisation. Understanding customers, marketing communication, marketing research, international strategic marketing, e-marketing and brand marketing are all integral to this degree.
If you have a relevant postgraduate diploma or professional award (such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Professional Postgraduate Diploma), then you may be able to join this programme at an advanced level.
- Understanding Market and Customers
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Research
- International Strategic Marketing
- Brand Marketing
Standard academic assignments are paired with employment-related, ‘problem–solving’ style assessments, allowing you to apply your theoretical understanding to real-world challenges. You are provided with opportunities to work on real business scenarios in your modules.
The course culminates in a dissertation or a marketing case project, enabling you to specialise in an area of marketing that you find particularly interesting, and which you may wish to pursue in your marketing career. Assessment is 100% by coursework.
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in any subject
- Or a relevant postgraduate or professional qualification
- Or appropriate employment experience
- If you can possess the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Postgraduate Diploma or relevant qualification, you may join the course at an advanced level
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (no less than 5.5 for all skills) or equivalent.
The world of marketing offers a variety of careers in many types of organisation, of all sizes. Examples of the area's graduates can enter include market research, marketing management, marketing communications, brand management and customer relationship management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 10, 2018