MSc in Marketing
Level of study: Postgraduate degree
Tuition fees 2019/20:
- UK/EU – £5,150
- International – £11,500 (London), £10,000 (Birmingham)
Entry requirements: A 2:2 (second class) honours degree, or equivalent, in any discipline.
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no component less than 5.5, or equivalent
Mode of study: Full-time classroom - daytime, or evening and weekend study options available (subject to eligibility)
Duration: 1 year
Assessment method: Coursework
Student finance: Available
Locations: London and Birmingham
Start dates: January, May (London only), September
About this course
The overall aim of the MSc Marketing course is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of students of marketing and business. The course is designed to help build your knowledge, transferable skills and capabilities to prepare you for middle and senior appointments within public, private and social economy sectors in the global business arena. The aims of this course are to:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with a particular focus on marketing
- Prepare you for a career in marketing and business by building the transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels
- Develop your ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice
- Enhance your lifelong learning skills and personal development to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems
- Develop strong transferable skills in logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues
- Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project
- Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning
We employ a wide variety of teaching and learning methods across the various modules of this course, depending on the nature and priorities of each module. You will be taught using a mix of lectures, seminars, tutorials and workshops. In addition to your time in class, you will be expected to engage in approximately 30 hours of self-study time per week.
Each module is assessed by coursework only.
Careers and progression
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be well placed to apply for a range of marketing positions across public and private sector organisations. Additionally, the skills you will learn on the MSc Marketing will prepare those who choose to set up their own business.
Our Ulster University Branch Campuses are run in partnership with QA Higher Education – a UK higher education provider. All of our programmes at our Branch Campuses are validated by the University and taught by QA Higher Education and University staff.