In an international business climate, which has undergone tumultuous economic change during the last decade, graduates with excellent marketing awareness and management skills have never been in greater demand. The shifting balance in world trade, the emergence of fast-growing economies plus an increasing pool of world consumers means that businesses need to be increasingly focused on how they develop their competitive marketing strategies.
The applied nature of this course ensures that you study the latest thinking and techniques within the discipline of marketing and acquire the capabilities to enhance your employability and career prospects. More specifically, this course will develop your awareness for and critical understanding of the latest issues within the discipline of marketing, marketing strategy and consumer behaviour.
The course is taught by highly experienced academic tutors and industry practitioners, who bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the challenges posed in todays business environment. The course combines strong academic principles and theories and examines these within a focused and applied teaching approach. Contemporary business issues are discussed within appropriate academic and practical contexts whilst students develop their knowledge in international branding and digital media. At the end of the course, you will have acquired the skills and knowledge to be a skilled marketing professional.
This course is also approved and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Open to graduates holding degrees in any subject, this course assumes no prior knowledge of marketing or business and is suitable for both UK, EU and international students wishing to progress their academic knowledge of marketing management. It is also suitable for those who do not have a degree but who possess relevant experience.
Features and benefits
- You will be taught in the internationally recognised multi-award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus.
- This course is approved and professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- The Business School enjoys established links with the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Institute of Direct Marketing as well as the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Our students can obtain student membership of these professional bodies.
- This programme has an advanced standing route for mature students who have relevant professional qualifications or who have previously studied for a postgraduate certificate or diploma. Through advanced standing, we can give you academic credit for your current qualifications. Consequently, you only need to study selected units and can achieve an MSc in a shorter time frame. The tuition fees for this route are also lower because you only pay for the units you need to take rather than having to study all the units for the MSc.
- Experience a real work scenario in acting as a consultant on "live" client projects for businesses within the Manchester region.
- Enhance your digital skills - the course's extensive digital content increases your knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
Our postgraduate programmes aim to combine academic knowledge from leading research in the area with the professional skills that employers are seeking.
During your studies, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Industry visits to real companies
- Short term internships with local employers
- Live business projects for real clients
- A live consultancy project for your final dissertation
The Faculty is home to the Centre for Business and Society, which brings together a number of synergistic research centres and knowledge clusters and our doctoral school of PhD researchers who work with teaching staff on the design of the programme. This includes the Creative Industries and Digital Economies Knowledge Clusters, which bring together the latest thinking and research in the creative and digital media industries.
Typical units of study may include
Units on the programme are designed to develop your critical thinking on key areas whilst allowing you to apply your learning into practice by undertaking a live business client project, before embarking on a consultancy based dissertation.
You will study the following units:
- Masters-level Learning
- Marketing in Practice
- Critical and Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Strategy for Digital
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- International Brand Strategy
- Live Client Brief
- Dissertation / Extended Research Proposal
You will choose one from a list including:
- Critical Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
- Project Management Framework
- Analytics in Marketing
- PR Specialisms
- Business Analytics
- Sport Event Management
- Cultural Events and Festival Management
- Uniwide Language
- Internship Project
Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject. We will also consider your application if you have significant, relevant experience or degree-equivalent professional qualifications.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 28, 2018