Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) this programme is an excellent choice for graduates from a variety of backgrounds wishing to work or develop your career in the field of Marketing.
To reflect your personal interests and develop your specialist areas, you can choose as much as a third of the taught modules. Specialist areas include brand and product management, marketing communications, digital marketing, evaluation through metrics, marketing research, supply chain management, and pricing.
8 reasons to study here
- Educational excellence:
For marketing, we’re voted no.2 UK wide for student satisfaction (CUG Guide 2018). Furthermore, we’re voted no.1 and no.2 for Satisfied with teaching and satisfied overall with the course in the Guardian league table 2018.
- Developing employability:
the division holds residential weekends and provides internship and placement opportunities for students.
- Exceptional learning resources:
No.1 University in the UK for Learning Resources in Marketing (National Student Survey 2016).
- Guest lectures:
industry leading guest lectures add a new and modern twist to our teaching for students to develop their sector knowledge.
- Professional accreditation:
Modules accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, providing exemptions for professional qualifications.
- Entrepreneur support:
Develop a ready-to-fund business plan or undertake consultancy as a final year marketing project, and individual entrepreneurial activity is supported by the course and University.
- Networking opportunities:
Build relationships with small and medium enterprises and alumni as part of a unique 'give back' culture.
- Research active academics:
you’ll be taught by enthusiastic but also research active staff, which means you’ll receive relevant teaching and best practice for the 21st century.
To complement our rigorous academic standards, you will also benefit from real-world practical approaches to your studies so that you are able to apply the marketing theories and concepts to a range of organizations and scenarios.
Upon graduation, you will be equipped to operate in highly competitive markets. This is achieved by ensuring that you have the tools required to implement, monitor and evaluate marketing strategies and tactics.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||15 months||January; September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||30 months||January; September||Southwark Campus|
- Contemporary marketing
- Financial and HR management for marketing
- Managing strategy and change
- Research methods
- 20,000-word dissertation
- International brand management
- International pricing and performance
- Integrated marketing communications
- International marketing
- Global operations and logistics
- Emerging issues in marketing communications
- Market-driven marketing
- Digital and social media
- Public relations
- Marketing communications
Successful graduates have gone on to work in a variety of organizations including multinational and global companies, public sector organizations, charities, and start-ups. Many of our alumni work for advertising, brand management, and market research agencies. Equally, our graduates are successful in client-based companies such as manufacturers and banks.
The program will equip you to work in a range of marketing fields including product and brand management, account management, digital and social media marketing, marketing communications, and marketing research.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
- Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5.
If you are interested in studying at LSBU, please refer to our Standard Entry Requirements.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018