The MSc Program in Marketing emphasizes the department's present competitive strengths in the areas of Marketing in China, Service Marketing, CRM, Brand Management and Strategic Marketing. In addition, the program is unique in that it provides students not only with a thorough and in-depth knowledge base in marketing but also a wide range of advanced marketing electives not usually encountered in a normal undergraduate marketing or MBA program.
The aim of MSc in Marketing program is to provide students who aspire to be highly capable marketing professionals with advanced marketing knowledge and necessary skills.
Upon completion of the program:
- Students will be able to apply marketing concepts, principles and theories to implement effective marketing operations.
- Students will be able to apply advanced analytical and quantitative techniques in making sound marketing decisions.
- Students will be able to analyze the impact of different national features and adapt appropriate marketing strategy and marketing decisions.
- Students will be able to assess the ethical implications of marketing decisions and be able to respond appropriately to them.
- Students will understand issues related to leading/managing sales and/or marketing teams.
Candidates are required to complete one pre-requisite course in the pre-term, seven core courses and four elective courses offered in the regular terms within one year. Each course equals to three credit units. The pre-requisite course and seven core courses are offered by the MSc Program in Marketing. For the elective courses, candidates may choose at most six (6) units of courses offered by the MSc Program in Marketing or courses offered by other MSc programs in CUHK Business School and the MSc Program in Advertising offered by the School of Journalism and Communication, upon the approval of the Program Director. Students are required to attend a two-week pre-term course (pre-requisite course) in August before the first term commences.
Applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Have a recognized bachelor’s degree with honors (not lower than second class lower division or B grade) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Provide a satisfactory GMAT score.
Applicants should arrange to send the official GMAT scores (SCHOOL COPY) to the Program Office, MSc Program in Marketing of The Chinese University of Hong Kong: Program code for MSc Program in Marketing is R9H-0W-23
For admission purpose, the scores of GMAT tests taken more than five years prior to the admission year will not be considered.
Applicants should fulfill one of the following English Language Proficiency Requirements of the University before admitted to the Program:
- possess a passing grade in English in one of the following examinations:
- Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level);
- Hong Kong Higher Level Examination;
- CUHK Matriculation Examination; or
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; or
- a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country; or
- achieve the specified scores in the following tests:
- TOEFL (Paper-based: 550; Computer-based: 213; Internet-based: 79);
- GMAT (verbal) (Band 21);
- IELTS (Academic) (Band 6.5); or
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities through distance learning programs or through the completion of a curriculum of short duration are required to provide an assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018