In order for a business to succeed, decision-makers must be able to understand the behaviour and trends of consumers. Our MSc in Marketing and Consumer Studies focuses on examining, understanding and influencing consumers and will equip you with the skills and expertise needed to manage large research projects. It will also prepare you to pursue a career in marketing, brand management, product development, market research, and consumer protection policy as well as provide excellent training towards the pursuit of a Ph.D. in marketing, consumer behaviour or a related business discipline.
You'll complete your MSc degree within two years. During the first year, you'll focus on your coursework and collaborate with faculty and fellow peers on research projects. You'll then be given guidance from an advisory committee to complete your research and develop a strong thesis.
Students in the MSc in Marketing & Consumer Studies gain exposure to a wide range of course topics that help to develop their research.
- Consumer behaviour
- Consumer well-being and public policy
- Housing and real estate
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Marketing management
- Innovation adoption
Graduates of this program often pursue roles in organizations or academia related to marketing and consumer behaviour.
- Marketing research
- Brand management
- Marketing management
- Advertising and communication
- Quality management
- Quality control consulting
- A four-year honours degree program (or equivalent)
- At least a B average in the final two years of your undergraduate program
- An academic background in consumer studies, the social sciences or humanities, or business programs such as marketing, finance, or real estate
- Acceptable GRE (minimum requirement 60th percentile) or GMAT scores (minimum requirement 600)
Applicants with considerable experience in a business or management role, who meet the minimum grade requirements but are lacking in the required academic areas may be required to complete one or more recommended undergraduate courses in order to comply with program standards.
Application deadline is February 1.
Cost & Fees
- Full-time $9,314
- Part-time $6,357
- Full-time $21,681
This school offers programs in: