Our MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis will provide you with the theoretical foundations of marketing and the data analysis and business modelling techniques that are increasingly being used to shape and inform business decisions. Combining expertise in both marketing and management science, the programme prepares students for careers in both of these fields.
Delivered by the School's Marketing faculty in collaboration with its Management Science Group, our MSc will give you a theoretical understanding of marketing and management science from both an academic and practitioner's perspective, as well as the ability to apply business analysis techniques to address marketing and business problems. The programme will also enable you to understand how marketing research methods are applied and to undertake qualitative and quantitative research of your own.
The first term (Sep-Dec) of the programme will consist of four core courses. In the second term (Jan-May) you will have the opportunity to choose four option courses, many of which are devised by the School's Management Science Group, and which will allow you to tailor your studies towards your chosen career path. Option courses include Marketing and Society, Understanding Brands, Credit Risk Management and Data Mining. The dissertation is written over the summer (Jun-Aug) and is overseen by an academic supervisor.
A strong academic base, passionate faculty and international student body will ensure a rewarding student experience in our city-centre campus. The school has widespread industry links and as a student, you will benefit from the expertise of a range of high-profile guest speakers. Recent speakers have been the Database Marketing Manager at Sainsbury's Bank, the Head of Group Analytics at RBS and the Chief Financial Officer at Siemens. Talks have covered a range of topics, including digital marketing strategies for banks and marketing analysis for online games.
The interdisciplinary nature of our programme ensures students are prepared for a variety of business career paths. Our MSc will prepare you for a wide range of potential marketing and management roles including market/business analyst, business/marketing consultant, research director and digital marketing director. The programme is highly regarded by leading employers who regularly seek to recruit our graduates. Previous students have secured positions with firms like Samsung, Procter & Gamble, Deloitte and IMG Media.
The MSc in Marketing and Business Analysis provides students with the theoretical foundations of marketing and introduces students to a range of business modelling approaches relevant to marketing decisions. The MSc Marketing and Business Analysis aims to provide students with:
- A critical appreciation of marketing and management science from both academic and practitioner perspectives
- An in-depth understanding of the theoretical foundations of marketing and the application of business modelling in marketing management, the analysis of marketing decisions, business statistics and forecasting, and marketing research methods
- The competence and creativity to address marketing and business problems using a range of business analysis techniques through flexible, adaptable and innovative approaches
- An understanding of how to undertake qualitative and quantitative research and apply this knowledge in the context of a major study such as a dissertation
- An opportunity to interact and study with a range of students and to practice multiple management skills, including communication, independent action and teamwork
- An opportunity to develop transferable intellectual and study skills which will encourage a positive attitude to continuing personal development and lifelong learning
Entrance to our MSc programmes is strongly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements. Academic requirements You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification. Academic background
- An undergraduate degree in a business or management related subject is normally required.
- Candidates with degrees in science, mathematics, engineering, informatics or statistics will also be considered.
- Candidates with a very good Honours degree in a numerate or quantitative subject area or relevant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Supporting your application
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Applications from current undergraduates Final year undergraduate students are welcome to apply, so long as your studies will be completed prior to the MSc programme commencement date.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 30, 2018