- Focus on professional and personal development
- Highly-motivated students
- Excellent career prospects
- Expert faculty.
What will you learn
You will learn to combine your existing knowledge with real commercial experience in a variety of marketing situations.
How will you benefit
The contact with clients and events organised throughout the year gives you the opportunity to network with senior business people and build relationships with them. As future managers, you will acquire valuable skills in being a team player, motivating and leading others, communicating and negotiating effectively and develop excellent interpersonal skills.
What is the programme about
The "Action Learning" technique is the winning premise of this programme. Students learn through doing. The programme mirrors a business: students are Marketing Advisors, based in an office in the School and working on commercial projects for external business clients.
The main aim of the programme is to help Marketing Advisors develop their personal and professional skills, making the transformation from graduates into highly professional managers. Working on commercial projects for companies helps you acquire skills that are relevant to every workplace.
To graduate from the programme, you must engage in the following and also complete a dissertation:
- Commercial projects
- Lectures in leading-edge management thought
- Guest speakers
- In-company executive shadowing
- Annual seminars
- On-going support and guidance from management team
- Structured feedback and appraisal process
- Mentor programme
- Business networking
- Action learning dissertation
The dissertation on Action Learning requires you to reflect on and record your personal and professional development throughout the programme. Chapters of the dissertation are completed at various intervals throughout the year and a final document is then submitted upon completion of the programme.
To help you better understand the work you do on the programme, you must complete a number of key educational modules in Strategic Marketing, Market Research, Real Marketing Management and Contemporary Marketing Strategy.
Other areas of study will include:
- Personal and professional development
- Leadership skills
- Confidence building
- Professional business behaviour
- Attitudes and values
- Emotional intelligence
- Increased business and market knowledge
- Client management
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
- Time management
Although a keen interest in marketing is important, the programme blends both business and non-business graduates.
- Honours business primary degree or an honours degree in another discipline. Acceptance on the programme is subject to demonstration of an aptitude for marketing.
- Interview: The interview process is made up of two separate interviews; one individual and one group interview.
- If English is not your native language, unless you have done your primary degree in English, an English language qualification is required (eg: IELTS/TOEFL). IELTS – an overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section. TOEFL – a minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, or 250 on the computer-based test; or 600 on the paper-based test.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018