Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) this programme is an excellent choice if you wish to gain valuable work experience in Marketing as it provides undergraduates from a variety of disciplines a unique opportunity to gain both work experience and an education in marketing.
Your choice to study this programme will enable you to develop internship experience embedded in the MSc Marketing (with Internship), achieve a thorough education in Marketing and business, as well as choose up to a third of your modules so that you can specialize in a number of different areas.
The programme offers up to 5 months of work experience through internships and the necessary education in Marketing to help you to succeed in your future career. The benefits of taking this course are clear; work experience for your CV and a rigorous academic postgraduate programme to help you on your way to secure a thriving career in Marketing.
To reflect your personal interests and develop your specialist areas, you can choose as much as a third of the taught modules. Specialist areas include brand and product management, marketing communications, digital marketing, evaluation through metrics, marketing research, supply chain management, and pricing.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||19 months||January; September||Southwark Campus|
- Contemporary marketing
- Financial and HR management for marketing
- Managing strategy and change
- Research methods
- International brand management
- International pricing and performance
- Integrated marketing communications
- Social marketing strategy
- International marketing
- Global operations
- Emerging issues in marketing communications
- Market-driven marketing
- Digital and social media
- Public relations
- 15,000-word research dissertation as well as internship reflective practice project.
Successful graduates have gained valuable work experience will be equipped to work in a variety of organizations including multinational and global companies, public sector organizations, charities, and start-ups.
Students will have direct access to the growing LSBU Marketing alumni network that actively participates in career and marketing events and regularly provides job opportunities. Our Alumni currently work in a wide range of marketing careers across the world, including corporate marketing, advertising, and communication, as university academics, and in public sector and not for profit marketing functions.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
The highly qualified teaching team has broad industry experience in various areas of marketing, such as product management, market research, and marketing communications. They are also research active, widely published in books, journals, and reviews. The Ehrenberg Centre for Research in Marketing, based at LSBU and the Ehrenberg Bass Institute in Australia regularly contribute to the curriculum and industry practitioners are often invited into the classroom.
- Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5.
If you are interested in studying at LSBU, please refer to our Standard Entry Requirements.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018