Welcome to the Manufacturing Engineering Program at Sabancı University. Our recently funded program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Advanced Manufacturing technologies and provides opportunities for continuing education to support our industry partners to educate and enhance their workforce. Our unique and interdisciplinary program is designed for individuals who wish to achieve competency in the effective integration of manufacturing, computing, material processing and production functions in any manufacturing enterprise.
Our faculty members come from diverse professional and academic backgrounds with expertise in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics and Materials Science, and Engineering. Their research areas include manufacturing processes and equipment, additive manufacturing (3D printing), biomanufacturing, computer-aided design and manufacturing, integrated manufacturing systems, nano-micro manufacturing, composite and polymer manufacturing, and manufacturing and technology strategies.
The program offers excellent research environment for the students housing several advanced research centers and laboratories such as Manufacturing Research Lab, 3D Bioprinting Lab, 3D System Design & Fabrication Lab and Control, Vision, and Robotics Research Lab. In addition, Integrated Manufacturing Technologies Research Center (IMC) has recently been established. The IMC is an industrial-scale research and technology development center providing facilities for fundamental and applied research activities in integrated and advanced manufacturing technologies from conceptual design to actual manufacturing of functional prototypes and products. The center also offers incubation services and commercialization opportunities.
The Manufacturing Engineering Program deals with integrated science and technologies to develop and improve innovative products and manufacturing processes. This interdisciplinary program integrates fundamental science and knowledge from Mechanical, Industrial, Production, and Materials Engineering to research, design, and develop manufacturing systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment. The Manufacturing Engineering program focuses on advanced manufacturing technologies. The research areas include manufacturing processes and equipment, computer-aided design and manufacturing, integrated manufacturing systems, additive manufacturing (3D printing), biomanufacturing, nano-micro manufacturing, composite and polymer manufacturing, and manufacturing and technology strategies with special emphasis on industrial applications.
Master's and Ph.D. programs are built on a core foundation in a design that facilitates mobility between the two programs.
Applications for graduate programs are evaluated by the respective Admission Jury along with individual program entries. Admission is finalized by the approval of the related Graduate School Board upon the recommendation of the Jury and announced to the applicants.
Applicants may be called for written exams and interviews. All written exams and interviews are held in English.
Periods for application are announced in Academic Calendar
Your registration will be done upon the approval of Turkish Higher Education Council regarding the equivalence of the last graduated higher institution and the course of study.
- Online Application Form: Candidates can apply for more than one program via the online application form. Separate forms are to be filled for each applied program. Print-out of Completed Application Form should be added to the Application Package. Applicants can either submit the application package including the required documents in person or can send via post to Student Resources. A separate application package is to be submitted for each applied program. All the application documents become the property of Sabancı University. It is suggested to keep the original reports of TOEFL, GRE and ALES scores for you, and apply with the copies of those exams.
- Official Transcript: Sealed and taken from Student Resources/Affairs of the applicant's university indicating the courses and grades taken.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be either submitted online or posted in a sealed envelope. After you complete your online application, an email will be sent automatically to your recommenders which you enter to Recommenders part. Recommenders can click the link to write the recommendation letters or give letters in a closed envelope signed and stamped.
- One Photograph: If you have already added one photograph to your online application, you do not need to send it.
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: ALES: Numerical ALES min. score 65; GRE : 153 (Scores on the Current Scale); GAT: Accumulative Percentile : %60 (for international student). Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted for admission. Graduate Program Entrance Exam Results must have been taken no more than ALES 3 years, GRE 5 years and GAT 2 years.
- English Proficiency Exam Result: As the language of instruction at Sabancı University is English, any of the following English Proficiency Exam results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: TOEFL: Min. score 80 in the Internet-based test; KPDS: Min. score 67; ÜDS: Min. score 67; YDS: Min. score 67; e-YDS: Min. score 67. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted for admission. The TOEFL must have been taken no more than 2 years, KPDS, ÜDS, e-YD, and YDS must have been taken no more than 3 years prior to the application to Sabancı University
- Statement of Purpose
- Degree Requirements: An undergraduate degree is required in order to apply for all graduate (master's and Ph.D.) degree programs. It is possible to apply for Ph.D. programs with only undergraduate or undergraduate + master's degrees. Holders of all major degrees are eligible to apply. An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program. Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
Program taught in: