Our Master's programme in Management gives you a broad knowledge of key management theories, principles and practices as applied in business.
It is designed for those seeking exposure to the widest possible range of business disciplines, rather than committing to a particular specialism. You do not need to have studied business/management at the undergraduate level.
You’ll develop your understanding of subjects including:
- Business Economics
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- International business strategy
- Marketing planning and strategy
- Operations Management
You’ll also be able to tailor your studies to emerging areas of interest, or your career aspirations; we offer a wide range of optional modules as part of our extensive postgraduate management portfolio
On graduation, you’ll be equipped with the skills, knowledge and critical faculties required to operate and thrive in the contemporary business environment. You’ll be ideally placed to pursue a management career in a range of business and commerce environments.
We are proud to be in an elite group of business schools to hold the triple accreditations of Equis, AMBA and AACSB, often referred to as the "Triple Crown".
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accredit this programme. This means that, by successfully completing your degree, you are eligible for exemptions from some ACCA fundamental level examinations.
The University of Bradford is ranked 301-400 in the world for Business and Economics in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- You must have a degree (not necessarily in business and management) from an approved university
- Exceptional candidates without a first degree but with appropriate professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA) and work experience may be admitted on their merits
- Holders of a UK degree awarded within 2 years prior to entry to the Bradford programme may be exempt from these English test requirements
- Applications are welcome from students with non-standard qualifications or mature students (those over 21 years of age on entry) with significant relevant experience
English language requirements
If we need evidence of your proficiency in English, you will be required to achieve the following minimum scores in one of these recognised tests:
- IELTS: 6.0 overall, with no more than one sub-test at 5.0 and no other sub-test below 5.5, and successful completion of an additional six week English pre-sessional course taught by the University of Bradford, which must be completed prior to the start of the course; or
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with no sub-test less than 5.5; or
- Internet-based TOEFL: 94 overall, with minimum scores of Listening 17, Reading 18, Speaking 20, Writing 17); or
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English-Academic): 60 overall, with no sub-test less than 51.
Candidates who are not citizens of the European Union will also be subject to further requirements imposed by the government for the issue of a student visa. Please check the UK Home Office website for the most up-to-date information, as these requirements are subject to change.
If you do not meet the IELTS requirement, you can take a University of Bradford pre-sessional English course.
What you will study
This programme is designed for those who do not wish to commit to a particular functional specialism or area of business and are seeking exposure to the widest possible range of business disciplines. The programme’s aim is to provide participants with the knowledge and understanding of the management theories, principles and practices as applied in business.
Please note that for 2020 entry, the module information is subject to change.
- Business Economics (AFE7504-A)
- Operations Management (OIM7013-A)
- Marketing Planning & Strategy (MAR7007-A)
- Strategic Management (SIB7501-B)
- Human Resource Development (HRM7505-B)
- Global Technology and Innovation Management (EAE7502-B)
- Dissertation (MAL7501-E)
- Corporate Financial Management (AFE7509-A)
- Accounting and Finance (AFE7511-A)
- Coaching and Leadership Development (HRM7506-A)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EAE7501-A)
- Cross-cultural Management (SIB7504-A)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (SIB7505-A)
- International Master's Summer School (SIB7507-A)
Learning and assessment
The programme is summatively assessed by a mixture of written examinations, assessed coursework, case studies, group projects and multimedia presentations.
Assessment is integrated with learning and teaching to support and demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes for individual modules and the programme as a whole. Emphasis is placed on the feedback function of formative assessment as part of the learning, teaching and assessment strategy as a whole.
The School of Management is based at the historic Emm Lane campus, set in 14 acres of beautiful parkland in a leafy suburb of the city - just a short bus ride away from the University's City Centre Campus.
We have our own dedicated teaching and learning facilities, library and other specialist support services to ensure you get the most from your time here.
Following a multi-million pound redevelopment in 2010, the campus brings together Victorian architecture with an award-winning sustainable building featuring a Harvard-style lecture theatre and atrium space for eating, drinking, socialising and working.
Fees, finance and scholarships
- Home/EU: £11,050
- International: £16,8040
Every year we award numerous non-repayable scholarships to UK, EU and international students on the basis of academic excellence, personal circumstances or economic hardship. For full details, visit our scholarships website.
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programmes. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career and Employability Services including help to find part-time work while studying, placements, vacation work and graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the Careers website.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans by exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most of our programmes, there is direct input by Career Development Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
During your time studying at the Faculty of Management and Law, you will have the opportunity to take part in our distinctive career booster programme throughout the duration of your course. The programme is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and graduate attributes to be job-ready when seeking employment with leading innovative organisations. The Career Booster Programme (PDF, 2.8 MB) offers you the opportunity to gain certificates in:
- The European Computer Driving License (ECDL) - the benchmark for digital literacy
- Sage 50 Accounting and Sage 50 Payroll - training that will allow you to develop leading accounting and payroll software skills
- Project Manager Professional certificates - giving you the edge when seeking to become a Certified Project Manager
- Big Data analysis and reporting skills - using Software and Services (SAS) that will lead to certification.
In addition, the programme will also include activities to promote teamwork, confidence, communication and many other skills sought by employers.
Developing a portfolio of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificates will demonstrate to employers that you are not only ambitious but also take responsibility for your own professional development.
Our graduates are highly sought after for careers in management, consultancy or advanced management studies.
The sectors and jobs that our MSc students are employed in after graduation vary depending on their previous experience and pathway taken. In terms of career progression, it is useful to consider where alumni are three years after graduation. Looking at the data derived from the School’s ranking in the Financial Times Master’s in Management Rankings, on average 25% of them are in senior management roles and 20% in junior management positions three years after graduation.
Students have an opportunity to broaden their international experience by taking part in study tours embedded alongside our programmes throughout the year. These tours are provided by the Faculty where all expenses are covered. Previous tours have included trips to Bahrain (Ahlia University) and Qatar (Qatar University).
These tours help our students to gain knowledge about international business and entrepreneurship, as well as providing opportunities to practice and develop communication and interpersonal skills. Students are given a hands-on opportunity to apply the knowledge they have gained in class, all whilst becoming more aware of diverse cultures and strengthening international relationships.
Students take part in a dynamic mix of both theory and practice-related activities including interactive problem-solving workshops, company visits, talks by guest speakers (from the public and private sector), cultural visits, and social activities
You'll be allocated a Personal Academic Tutor, who will provide you with personal guidance and support.
Module leaders and tutors are accessible, providing office hours and appointments in order to support your learning beyond class contact.
The Effective Learning Service (ELS) is a dedicated facility within the Faculty of Management and Law, established to support our students to maximise their academic learning (e.g assignments and examinations), as well as help overseas students, adapt quickly to UK academic requirements.
The ELS provides a huge range of services, including various workshops run during term time, 1-1 consultations and vast printed and online resources to cater for every possible development area
These are in addition to the wide range of students support that is offered by the University of Bradford at the City Campus.
The strong research culture of the School of Management faculty informs the teaching and learning of our students.
Our extensive industry networks provide the avenue for application of this knowledge.
About the School
At the University of Bradford, you’ll benefit from - and be a part of – teaching and research that harnesses technology for the good of society. You’ll learn from academic and industry experts who are ... Read More