The Cranfield Management MSc is ranked 1st in the UK and 7th in the world by The Economist WhichMBA? Masters in Management 2017 ranking.
The Management MSc will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to tackle complex business challenges and to prepare you for demanding managerial roles in the future. It includes a distinctive blend of theory with practical application through highly experiential simulations, consulting, competitions and project work. It also offers you the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience at a company during a three-month, expenses-paid, in-company internship project.
- Start date: 30 September 2019
- Duration: 13 months
- Delivery: Taught modules (60%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The internship project report/thesis (40%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course.
- Qualification: MSc
- Study type: Full-time
- Campus: Cranfield campus
Who is it for?
- Graduates with a desire to develop their knowledge and skills in management before seeking their first professional role.
- Early career professionals with a passion for business and aspirations to take their career to the next level.
Why this course?
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places a huge emphasis on real-world challenges. You will learn to act on evidence in order to make better management decisions. This leadership development journey explores your personality to help you understand your strengths and weaknesses.
This course will:
- Introduce you to managerial economics and enable you to use economic reasoning in managerial decision making, and understand how the external environment and internal capabilities shape a firm’s competitive position
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of a range of management science techniques and tools to support management decisions.
- Develop your management consultancy skills, and enable you to apply them while role-playing a management consulting team working on a genuine business issue, competing against other teams.
- Engage you in gaining a better understanding of how corporate action can be best configured to promote responsible and sustainable business strategies.
- Gain an understanding of operations management and its contribution to organisational competitiveness, the ‘human factor’ element and how people behave within organisations, together with strategic marketing and management.
The internship provides invaluable practical work experience, and many of our graduates have been offered positions within the companies they completed their internship with.
Informed by Industry
An external advisory panel informs the design and development of the course, and comprises senior management practitioners, reinforcing its relevance to the modern business world. Many of our faculty have held senior positions in industry and continue to engage with industry through consultancy and teaching. They are also supported by a team of international visiting industry speakers and professors who bring the latest thinking and best practice into the classroom.
You will benefit from our close links with business through international case studies, a management consultancy simulation, visiting speakers providing an overview of the challenges they are facing and through the three-month internship project in the final term.
The course comprises ten core modules and three elective modules. This enables you to tailor the course to suit your personal career plan. The ‘Effective Cross-Cultural Management’ elective takes place in Granada, Spain, and provides the opportunity for you to fully immerse yourself in Spanish culture while obtaining theoretical knowledge around cross-cultural management. The culmination of the learning process is your opportunity to undertake an individual thesis project which is in-company or Cranfield led. The topics covered in this three-month internship project cover a broad range of areas.
The final thesis element of the programme requires you to undertake a major research project in association with a three-month internship placement with a partner company.
The internship placement will provide you with the opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience and apply what you have learnt during the course in an organisational environment. You will deepen your management knowledge and gain the potential to build a network of contacts.
Taught modules (60%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The internship project report/thesis (40%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course.
95% of School of Management students were employed within 3 months of graduation*.
The Cranfield Career Development Service offers a comprehensive service to help you develop a set of career management skills that will remain with you throughout your career.
During your course, you will receive support and guidance to help you plan an effective strategy for your personal and professional development, whether you are looking to secure your first management role, or wanting to take your career to the next level.
Cranfield graduates are highly valued in the job market and aim for careers including consultancy, project management and business operations. Our Management MSc graduates have secured jobs with a diverse range of companies including Virgin Active Group, Whirlpool, BNP Paribas, IKEA, Skanska, Withers Worldwide, Grant Thornton, Vodaphone and Ericsson. Their roles have included Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Consultancy Analyst and Sales Trader.
*based on those students for whom we hold data, across all School of Management full-time master's courses (2015/16 cohort).
Cranfield University welcomes applications from students from all over the world for our postgraduate programmes. The Home/EU student fees listed continue to apply to EU students.
- Home-EU fees: £15,000
- Overseas fees: £26,000
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2018 and 31 July 2019.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- For self-funded students, a non-refundable £1,000 deposit is payable on offer acceptances and will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including the UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually, candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries.
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements for further study at Cranfield School of Management.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.5 in the writing component
- TOEFL - 92 and a writing score 21
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking an IELTS for UKVI test.
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their chosen Cranfield course can apply to attend one of our Presessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses. We offer Winter/Spring and Summer programmes each year to offer holders.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2018