Admissions Period: Fall intake - Admission process for Master programs at CATÓLICA-LISBON will start in February 2017
Please note that late applications from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed. Please contact the MSc Marketing and Admissions Office for further information.
- €9.500 (3 semesters) | €11.000 (4 semesters) plus a registration fee of €330 per year (EEA and Non-EEA)
Credits: 90 ECTS (3 semesters) or 120 ECTS (4 semesters)
Duration full-time: 3 - 4 semesters (international exchange semester is optional (and adds the 4th semester)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Delivery mode: On Campus
Educational variant: Full-time
Link website: www.clsbe.lisboa.ucp.pt/masters-science/programs/master-management-specialization-strategy-entrepreneurship
The MSc in Management with Specialization in Strategy & Entrepreneurship provides the practical and academic knowledge required for high-level careers in strategy and entrepreneurship.
Develop your conceptual and analytical skills through an applied project and case-based learning. Deepen your knowledge of key concepts in Business Strategy, Consulting, and Entrepreneurship through a range of electives. Get ready for today's complex and exciting business world with courses ranging from technology strategy to entrepreneurial finance and innovation management.
This program can prepare you for a top career in consulting, management, or strategy, or provide you with the tools to launch your own entrepreneurial venture.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Management or Economics graduates who seek to deepen their expertise in strategy and entrepreneurship and to pursue a high-level career in strategy, consulting or entrepreneurship.
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years), international exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at the leading Portuguese Business School, according to the Financial Times.
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 40.000 graduates worldwide.
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge.
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy, and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 98% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
The MSc in Management with a Specialization in Strategy & Entrepreneurship provides students with a firm grounding in strategic frameworks, analytical skills, and project and case-based learning.
The program will deepen the knowledge and skills that are suitable for successful careers in consulting, management, or strategy, while also providing the tools to launch the students' own entrepreneurial ventures.
Our MSc in Management with Specialization in Strategy & Entrepreneurship structure is:
GENERAL BUSINESS FOUNDATION COURSES
The foundation courses are designed to consolidate your integrated view of the firm and the business environment. Some courses can be waived, depending on your background. Most students will be required to take between three and seven foundation courses.
The Strategy & Entrepreneurship specialization provides additional training and in-depth knowledge to prepare you for successful careers in either area.
This specialization requires that you complete a minimum of ECTS in either mandatory (in bold) or elective courses within the specialization.
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Management Consulting Project and/or Lean Entrepreneurship Project
- Corporate Governance & Control: An International Perspective
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Innovation Management
- International Industry Analysis
- Managing Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship
- International Business Challenges
- Impact Investing
- Strategic Change & Dynamic Capabilities
- Lean Entrepreneurship
- Luxury and Design-based Strategies
- Technology Strategy
Free electives can be used to take electives outside of your specialization. You can select a subject from a different to complement your area of expertise, or simply explore a topic that interests you. CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a wide range of electives taught by our own faculty, prestigious invited lecturers, and top executives from the corporate world.
In Leadership Lab define your personal goals, industry preferences, and areas to work, and then select among 1) career and employment workshops, and 2) professional development workshops.
Career workshops include sessions on networking, CV, and cover letter preparation, and interviewing. You have the opportunity to participate in realistic assessment center activities and to receive feedback from industry professionals.
The professional development workshops are designed to help you develop key competencies, such as oral communication, emotional intelligence, managing energy and stress, self-knowledge and motivation, and negotiating effectively.
To obtain valuable international experience and further improve your knowledge, you can complete an exchange semester in one of CATÓLICA¬LISBON's prestigious partner schools around the world.
Students are encouraged to complete a 1.5-month internship before or during the master program.
You will participate in a workshop designed to provide you with advice, resources, requirements, and useful tools to plan and write the research for your Master thesis.
For many students, the thesis semester serves as an ideal bridge between academic studies and your professional career. As you complete your thesis, the Career Development Office is available to work with you on your job search and career planning. You should plan to work full-time on your dissertation for 3 to 4 months.
MSC IN MANAGEMENT WITH SPECIALIZATION IN STRATEGIC MARKETING REQUIREMENTS
- 1st cycle degree in Business/Management or Economics
- English Proficiency
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years)
- International experience (exchange, summer school or internship abroad)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Statement of Purpose
- University Transcripts of Records confirming academic qualifications (Portuguese or English). For application purposes, we do not require a formal certificate from your School, but we do require a non-official document with ALL the courses you attended and its grades (you may print this information from your students' personal webpage). We will require a formal certificate after completing your degree and no later than October (for September intake).
International students: The Transcript of Records must be authenticated by the official education authority of the relevant country. This authority will also have to be recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic corps or consulate or be accompanied by a Hague Convention Apostille. GMAT or you can take the CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test:
- Mandatory for applicants with a Background in an area different from Economics and Management.
- The admission jury may request this exam from applicants with a background in management or economics if they decide that is justifiable.
Important note - The payment of this test is non-refundable (Admission test - €40). The application fee and the enrollment fee are also non-refundable.
Scholarship CATÓLICA-LISBON Top+ is a scholarship program for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete the MSc at CATÓLICA-LISBON with a partial waiver of MSc fees, ranging from 25% to 90%. We encourage outstanding students to apply for these scholarships; especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes (for example, average final grades of 75% or above). The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA and academic performance
- International experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional experience (e.g., internships)
- Contribution to the diversity of the group
- Contribution to School activities
- Results of GMAT or CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test, if applicable.
EXCEPTION: Double Degree and Joint Degree students must pay the tuition fees in the 2nd year of the Program while they are abroad.
Scholarships based on social criteria
Scholarships are based on economics and academic factors. Through an application process that establishes economic need and academic performance, Social Services, through the University's Student Services Office, may fund all or part of the student's studies.
In this scholarship, the academic performance is also taken into consideration, and the student may have part of his/her tuition fees financed. In addition, an activity to support the school will be requested.
In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities (embassy, consulate).
Top international bank institutions offer low-interest loans to students that cover tuition fees and study-related expenses. The applications for these loans should be submitted directly to the bank.
In addition, we strongly encourage you to check out the financial institutions in your home country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017