Admissions Period: Fall intake - Admission process for Master programs at CATÓLICA-LISBON will start in February 2017
Please note that late applications from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed. Please contact the MSc Marketing and Admissions Office for further information.
- €9.500 (3 semesters) | €11.000 (4 semesters) plus a registration fee of €330 per year (EEA and Non-EEA)
Credits: 90 ECTS (3 semesters) or 120 ECTS (4 semesters)
Duration full-time: 3 - 4 semesters (international exchange semester is optional (and adds a 4th semester)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Delivery mode: On Campus
Educational variant: Full-time
Link website: www.clsbe.lisboa.ucp.pt/masters-science/programs/master-management-specialization-strategic-marketing
The MSc in Management with Specialization in Strategic Marketing provides advanced, in-depth training in core aspects of the marketing function.
Develop the conceptual knowledge, analytical and technical skills, and creativity and soft skills to advance to high level marketing positions.
It is an exciting time to be a marketing manager, with technology creating entirely new categories of products and services. In this program you can deepen your knowledge in new forms and contexts of marketing through a broad range of electives. You will also learn to conduct and analyze quantitative and qualitative research.
This program is designed to provide you with the academic and practical knowledge to succeed in a variety of marketing-related careers. Acquire the expertise and skills to launch a career as a product manager, branding specialist, advertising strategist, or consumer insight analyst.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Management or Economics graduates who seek a high level career in marketing, including in sales, market research and analytics, branding, or advertising.
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years), international exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at the leading Portuguese Business School, according to the Financial Times.
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 40.000 graduates worldwide.
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge.
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 98% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
The MSc in Management with Specialization in Strategic Marketing provides advanced, in-depth training in core aspects of the marketing function. In this program you can deepen your knowledge in new forms and contexts of marketing through a broad range of electives. The program provides the conceptual frameworks, analytical skills, industry knowledge and soft skills to advance to a variety of marketing roles, such as product managers, branding specialists or consumer insight analysts.
Our MSc in Management with Specialization in Strategic Marketing is structure in:
GENERAL BUSINESS FOUNDATION COURSES
The foundation courses are designed to consolidate your integrated view of the firm and the business environment. Some courses can be waived, depending on your background. Most students will be required to take between three and seven foundation courses.
The marketing specialization provides additional training and in depth knowledge to prepare you for a successful career in marketing.
The marketing specialization requires that you complete a minimum of ECTS in either mandatory courses (in bold) or elective courses within the specialization.
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Strategic Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing for Tech-based New Ventures or Marketing for Tech-based Startups
- International Markets Segmentation
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Communication
- Services Marketing
Free electives can be used to take electives outside of your specialization. You can select a subject from a different to complement your area of expertise, or simply explore a topic that interests you. CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a wide range of electives taught by our own faculty, prestigious invited lecturers, and top executives from the corporate world.
In Leadership Lab define your personal goals, industry preferences, and areas to work, and then select among 1) career and employment workshops, and 2) professional development workshops.
Career workshops include sessions on networking, CV and cover letter preparation, and interviewing. You have the opportunity to participate in realistic assessment center activities and to receive feedback from industry professionals.
The professional development workshops are designed to help you develop key competences, such as oral communication, emotional intelligence, managing energy and stress, self-knowledge and motivation, and negotiating effectively.
To obtain valuable international experience, you can complete an exchange semester in one of CATÓLICA¬LISBON's prestigious partner schools around the world.
Students are encouraged to complete a 1.5 month internship before or during the master program.
You will participate in a workshop designed to provide you with advice, resources, requirements, and useful tools to plan and write the research for your Master thesis.
For many students, the thesis semester serves as an ideal bridge between academic studies and your professional career. As you complete your thesis, the Career Development Office is available to work with you on your job search and career planning. You should plan to work full-time on your dissertation for 3 to 4 months.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Statement of Purpose
- University Transcripts of Records confirming academic qualifications (Portuguese or English). For application purposes we do not require a formal certificate from your School, but we do require a non official document with ALL the courses you attended and its grades (you may print this information from your students' personal webpage). We will require a formal certificate after completing your degree and no later than October (for September intake). International students: The Transcript of Records must be authenticated by the official education authority of the relevant country. This authority will also have to be recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic corps or consulate or be accompanied by a Hague Convention Apostille.
- GMAT or you can take the CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test: -Mandatory for applicants with a Background in an area different from Economics and Management
-The admission jury may request this exam from applicants with a background in management or economics if they decide that is justifiable
Important note - The payment of this test is non refundable (Admission test - €40). The application fee and the enrollment fee are also non refundable.
Scholarship CATÓLICA-LISBON Top+ is a scholarship program for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete the MSc at CATÓLICA-LISBON with a partial waiver of MSc fees, ranging from 25% to 90%.
We encourage outstanding students to apply for these scholarships; especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes (for example, average final grades of 75% or above).
The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA and academic performance
- International experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional experience (e.g. internships)
- Contribution to the diversity of the group
- Contribution to School activities
- Results of GMAT or CATÓLICA-LISBON Admission Test, if applicable.
EXCEPTION: Double Degree and Joint Degree students must pay the tuition fees in the 2nd year of the Program while they are abroad.
Scholarships based on social criteria
Scholarships are based on economics and academic factors.
Through an application process that establishes economic need and academic performance, Social Services, through the University's Student Services Office, may fund all or part of the student's studies.
In this scholarship, the academic performance is also taken into consideration and the student may have part of his/her tuition fees financed. In addition, an activity to support the school will be requested.
In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities (embassy, consulate).
Loans Top international bank institutions offer low-interest loans to students that cover tuition fees and study-related expenses. The applications for these loans should be submitted directly to the bank.
In addition, we strongly encourage you to check out the financial institutions in your home country.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2017