During this course, you'll acquire the necessary skills and acumen to plan and manage HR strategies within the public and private sector. You'll develop an ideal blend of specialist human resource and generalist management expertise in order to stand out in the highly competitive HR career market.
Specialist units explore issues including employment and law relations and the development of people as a resource. These are complemented by core management units which concentrate on the management of people, marketing & strategy, as well as contemporary issues in the business world.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) or above.
- Managing People: The concepts and practice of management and leadership in the changing nature of international work and business. You'll take an evaluative approach to exploring these areas in a range of organizational scenarios. This will help you develop a range of conceptual and practical managerial tools.
- Marketing & Strategy: Explore and analyze this premise: in order to be successful, organizations must have a good understanding of their customers’ requirements and achieve organizational objectives by satisfying their customers’ needs and wants. You'll look at marketing against the backdrop of corporate strategy development, and establish links between the two activities.
- Leadership Essentials: Leadership theory and practice in a variety of business contexts. You'll recognize and address the challenges of contemporary leadership and improve your skills in strategic leadership, leading in a global context and leading change.
- Organisation & Employment Studies - Issues & Debates: You'll be exposed to classic theories of organization and topical debates in employment relations and you'll show how you apply to real-life scenarios.
- People Resourcing & Development: The theory and practice of people resourcing and development (PR&D). You'll show how these activities can contribute to achieving corporate strategic goals, be aware of the impact of the changing environment of work and business on these activities and the internal and external contexts in which these activities operate. The role of the HR professional in helping the relationship between PR&D and organizational effectiveness will be examined. There's an emphasis on developing the knowledge and skills you'll need to fulfill this role.
- International Human Resource Management: Theoretical and practical knowledge in International Human Resources from an ever increasing globalized environment. Examples are drawn from classic and current literature from the developed and developing the world. This covers a wide spectrum of knowledge and makes the way human resource management (HRM) theory is translated into practice in different economies around the world clearer.
- Research Project with Optional Work Experience: The research project provides Master’s level students with an opportunity to undertake a significant piece of self-managed research in a relevant area of particular interest. You will have the opportunity to undertake work experience as part of the research project unit, subject to you finding the appropriate experience.
Programme specifications provide definitive records of the University's taught degrees in line with Quality Assurance Agency requirements. Every taught course leading to a BU Award has a programme specification which describes its aims, structure, content and learning outcomes, plus the teaching, learning and assessment methods used.
We are known by employers and students for our excellent graduate employment rates, which are always well above the national average. This course will provide you with the skills you need to stand out in the highly competitive HR career market.
Some of our Management with Human Resources graduates are now undertaking roles such as:
- Accounts assistant
- Assistant buyer
- Business management trainee
- Coordination officer
- Financial consultant.
Industries worked in
- Human Resources
If you want to continue your studies after achieving your Master's, you can look into our range of doctoral programmes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018